quad rail help
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > quad rail help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2013, 02:17 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Default quad rail help

My friend has a dpms oracle he's looking to put a quad rail on it and sees a lot of options online. Are they all interchangable or are they different?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-05-2013, 02:19 AM   #2

Liked 467 Times on 259 Posts

Some have proprietary barrel nuts. What type of fore end does he have on there now?

Old 12-05-2013, 02:52 AM   #3

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctshooter View Post
Some have proprietary barrel nuts. What type of fore end does he have on there now?
Its completely stock hasent even shot it or put a site on it. So whatever dpms oracles have? Sorry i have no idea when it comes to ar's and I'm trying to help him as much as possible

Old 12-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #4

Liked 380 Times on 252 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I put a Midwest Industries 2-piece on my first AR so that i didnt have to remove the front sight post. It fit on very well and had absolutely no budge to it. The only think that requires tools is you have to cut off the d ring. That can be done with a dremel. Plus its cheaper than most options out there.

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 12-05-2013, 03:13 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts

So does anyone have any experiance with this rifle as to what kind it takes? He dosent want to order the wrong one.

Old 12-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #6

Liked 380 Times on 252 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1990
So does anyone have any experiance with this rifle as to what kind it takes? He dosent want to order the wrong one.
It should have a standard d ring and castle nut set up. If he has those ribbed plastic handguards on there currently then he has the set up i just described. If he wants a free float handguards, he will most likely have to change out the castle nut with one they provide. That also means if he doesn't have a low profile gas block that will have to be removed as well.

Whatever handguard you buy will come with any new things you need to change out, but it can be a lot of work.

"You know what happens to men who go looking for blood? They find it." - Kind Old Man

Old 12-06-2013, 02:01 AM   #7

Liked 42 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1990 View Post
I own said rifle I have a cheap UTG drop in quad rail only tool needed was Allen wrench no cutting required but I will say it works well tight fit no wiggle but it is a heavy quad rail I will be changing it soon to a free float Rainier evolution rail.

My .02¢

Work Hard Play Hard

Old 12-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #8

Liked 74 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I have an Oracle, and installed a UTG SSSR(Symmetrical Split Slim Rail) Model 4/15 Quad Rail. This is a USA made Quad Rail Hand Guard, not Chinese. Holds tight with no signs of loosening up over 1yr of usage. Costs around $60. No modifications to Rifle needed to install---other than removal of original Hand Guard.
What I also like about this Quad Rail, is that the Top Rail is on the same plane as the Rail of the Upper Receiver's Rail of the Oracle.
Del