Firearm & Gun Forum -

Firearm & Gun Forum - (
-   AR-15 Discussion (
-   -   PSA upper with ST lower? (

JuniorRanger 06-01-2012 04:46 AM

PSA upper with ST lower?
So I rethought my last PSA upper idea and found this one that is CL which I want because I want the barrel to last longer. Please take a look and tell me what you think.

Also I was looking at a spikes tactical lower. Are these any good? I would use the ST lower and the PSA upper in the same gun. Here's a link to the ST lower:

I would want to use this AR-15 for a SHTF scenario and for a fun plonking gun. Let me know what you guys think about the idea of that upper and lower??

AgentTikki 06-01-2012 04:58 AM

Sounds good, but why not consider a lighter weight barrel?

AgentTikki 06-01-2012 05:05 AM

Also that lower is nice you shouldn't have any problems with except trying to find one......

okdonk 06-01-2012 06:05 AM

Spike's are having backlogged with orders. I seen people been waiting more than 3 months. Your best bet is to look from or for the stripped lowers. Then buy separately the PSA LPK, ALG Combat trigger, KNS Anti Rotating pins and Buffer Tube Assembly. I believe it costs much less.
To be honest, i did buy 1 Spike's enhanced lower without stock with color fill early this year, in January maybe. I had to wait around 70 days, u can imagine if u order now, also they increased the prices too. Costed me $340 after discount. Then i built another lower with the parts i mentioned above.. saved me a lot compared buying from Spike's.
Hope this idea helps for your references.

JuniorRanger 06-02-2012 06:24 AM

Originally Posted by okdonk
Then buy separately the PSA LPK, ALG Combat trigger, KNS Anti Rotating pins and Buffer Tube Assembly.

do you have any links to where I can get these parts??

okdonk 06-02-2012 06:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
KNS Gen2 Mod2

ALG ACT Trigger (Free Shipping) bat+Trigger&groupid=301&search=ALG

PSA Buffer Assembly

I got the Classic LPK and sold the Fire Control Group in eBay for $35. So basically the PSA LPK only costed me around $20-25. Because PSA LPK w/out FCG is always sold out. So i figured to buy what i needed and sold whichever i didnt need :)

okdonk 06-02-2012 11:35 PM

PSA is having Free shipping offer on everything right now.