Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > PSA letdown

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 03:19 AM   #21
62 gr Fusion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Squawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 865
Liked 190 Times on 127 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettc
I've had MANY transactions with PSA, yes I've waited sometimes 3 weeks for an item, waited 15 days for 20 mags I ordered from them and received today. Orders have always been correct and they will keep receiving my business.
Here's hoping they get me that Front Pivot Pin soon. I really want to be done with this build. I've got another stripped lower that's crying for some attention.

Just wish they would have got it right the first time.
__________________

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Squawk is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:11 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
JeeperSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 113
Liked 16 Times on 11 Posts

Default

I live close to both Columbia PSA stores. Before all this gun hype I usually went to Lawmens or Palmetto Firearms because they have been my 'go to' places for so long. They give LEO discounts and their prices on the particular handguns I wanted were lower then what PSA wanted.

My only dealings with PSA was in the middle of this current gun ban frenzy, I went in and lucked up on complete AR15 one morning and a stripped lower. The stores are always so packed (since they were the only place around building ARs) you would be very lucky to walk in and get a turn to speak with an employee. Behind like 40 other people all asking if they have any Ar15s.

__________________

Last edited by JeeperSC; 02-13-2013 at 03:14 PM.
JeeperSC is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:03 AM   #23
62 gr Fusion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Squawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 865
Liked 190 Times on 127 Posts

Default

I've given up on PSA. I understand that times are crazy but they should fix orders they ****ed up before shipping other orders to people. Last time I deal with them. Ordered a Front Pivot Pin off Amazon. Will be here Saturday so I can shoot Sunday.

__________________

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Squawk is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:22 AM   #24
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Car54's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Sun, Sand, and Palm Trees,Fla.
Posts: 2,114
Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

You talk with them on Monday the 11th, and it's Wed the 13th and you are po'd that the pin isn't in your hands yet...Two days? Give me a break. Whatever floats your boat.

__________________

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich


The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Car54 is offline  
purehavoc Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:33 AM   #25
62 gr Fusion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Squawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 865
Liked 190 Times on 127 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54
You talk with them on Monday the 11th, and it's Wed the 13th and you are po'd that the pin isn't in your hands yet...Two days? Give me a break. Whatever floats your boat.
Any company with good QUALITY service that I've ever had an issue with, had the missing product shipped by then. Some companies are quantity over quality. Those companies will no longer get my business.

I'm not mad that its not in my hands. I'm mad that I didn't get what I ordered after waiting almost a month to ship.

This is not the first time this has happened. I have read countless threads on the web where PSA has screwed up the order. And it took way too long to fix it. You would think by now they would have fixed there logistics department.
__________________

If guns kill people, mine are defective.


Last edited by Squawk; 02-14-2013 at 02:36 AM.
Squawk is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 05:28 AM   #26
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
 
okdonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Las Vegas,Nevada
Posts: 2,535
Liked 183 Times on 158 Posts
Likes Given: 49

Default

When they messed up my order last time, they didnt reply my emails or calls. Disputed the charged on my card and voila.. basically i got the order free. It was their fault and seemed like they didn't even bother to fix it. And worst part was, they didn't even bother to pursue my chargeback. Lol

__________________
okdonk is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:25 AM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Quentin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 6,255
Liked 733 Times on 544 Posts
Likes Given: 703

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
I've given up on PSA. I understand that times are crazy but they should fix orders they ****ed up before shipping other orders to people. Last time I deal with them. Ordered a Front Pivot Pin off Amazon. Will be here Saturday so I can shoot Sunday.
In these trying times that is unreasonable on your part. If you were working the front lines in the industry maybe you'd understand. More than one of us has pointed out temporary solutions to this trivial issue. What if Amazon can't deliver on time? Are you going to tell us how crappy they are too?
__________________

The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.
________________________________________
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Quentin is offline  
purehavoc Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 08:32 AM   #28
62 gr Fusion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Squawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 865
Liked 190 Times on 127 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin

In these trying times that is unreasonable on your part. If you were working the front lines in the industry maybe you'd understand. More than one of us has pointed out temporary solutions to this trivial issue. What if Amazon can't deliver on time? Are you going to tell us how crappy they are too?
That order has shipped and is tracking less than 24 hours after placing order. In these trying times and after taking a month to ship an order placed on 1/7/13, you'd think a company would TRY to get customers to become or stay loyal to a brand. I'm sorry but I have had orders screwed up by mom and pops stores over the years and they were fixed within 24 hours. Those places would have gotten my business if they had the parts in. They did not.

Instead, I spent $130 with a company that has a reputation for poor customer service. My credit card was charged two days after placing order. Not pending. Fully charged. Money taken by PSA. I've ordered parts from 7 different companies during the last two months. None of them major retailers. None of them charged me before order was shipped or took as long to ship as Palmetto State Armory. For that reason, I do not think I am being unreasonable. In fact, I think I am in the right. Great products at great prices does not make up for the ****tiest customer service I have encountered since Botach Tactical.

One day, it will catch up to PSA. And the rest of their customers will go to a company that prides themselves on serving the customer with more class and dignity.

Good day.
__________________

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Squawk is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
purehavoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Not where I wanna be
Posts: 4,534
Liked 988 Times on 653 Posts
Likes Given: 1782

Default

Since you do not understand how this obviously works . Take your job you do every day. Now let your boss throw 10x the work load on you and expect you to do the same quality work In the same amount of time with the same amount of people . How do u think that would turn out? That's the same effect these businesses are having right now. They don't put these little kits together they buy thousands of them prepacked. They grab one and pitch it in your box. They don't have time to go through all the parts In that bag. More than anything would say your lucky your even have your parts already . I have had a $700 order out for 6 bolt carriers for over 2 months now. You dont see me spamming the boards with crap about the company. It is what it is. This just goes to show you were another unprepared person that waited til the last minute and expect everyone to jump when u say listen. Dont take this the wrong way but quit spamming the company for a small mistake that you have given them 4 days to resolve.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
That order has shipped and is tracking less than 24 hours after placing order. In these trying times and after taking a month to ship an order placed on 1/7/13, you'd think a company would TRY to get customers to become or stay loyal to a brand. I'm sorry but I have had orders screwed up by mom and pops stores over the years and they were fixed within 24 hours. Those places would have gotten my business if they had the parts in. They did not.

Instead, I spent $130 with a company that has a reputation for poor customer service. My credit card was charged two days after placing order. Not pending. Fully charged. Money taken by PSA. I've ordered parts from 7 different companies during the last two months. None of them major retailers. None of them charged me before order was shipped or took as long to ship as Palmetto State Armory. For that reason, I do not think I am being unreasonable. In fact, I think I am in the right. Great products at great prices does not make up for the ****tiest customer service I have encountered since Botach Tactical.

One day, it will catch up to PSA. And the rest of their customers will go to a company that prides themselves on serving the customer with more class and dignity.

Good day.
__________________

Last edited by purehavoc; 02-14-2013 at 12:34 PM.
purehavoc is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 12:48 PM   #30
62 gr Fusion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Squawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 865
Liked 190 Times on 127 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc
Since you do not understand how this obviously works . Take your job you do every day. Now let your boss throw 10x the work load on you and expect you to do the same quality work In the same amount of time with the same amount of people . How do u think that would turn out? That's the same effect these businesses are having right now. They don't put these little kits together they buy thousands of them prepacked. They grab one and pitch it in your box. They don't have time to go through all the parts In that bag. More than anything would say your lucky your even have your parts already . I have had a $700 order out for 6 bolt carriers for over 2 months now. You dont see me spamming the boards with crap about the company. It is what it is. This just goes to show you were another unprepared person that waited til the last minute and expect everyone to jump when u say listen. Dont take this the wrong way but quit spamming the company for a small mistake that you have given them 4 days to resolve.
There reputation for piss poor customer service precedes the current rush for parts. So your logic about busy times doesn't apply. I understand it took almost a month to ship my in stock order due to the company being swamped with orders. What I don't get is how some moron can't tell the difference between a Rear Takedown Pin (which I have 2 of now) and a Front Pivot Pin.

I've worked in the service industry for 15 years. When a customers order is screwed up, all other orders take a backseat until that customer is satisfied. That is good business. That is good customer service. PSA has been having problems like this frequently for a long time. The rush on parts has nothing to do with it.

Never had this problem with BCM, Spikes, White Oak Armament, or any other company I have dealt with in the past.
__________________

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Squawk is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes