PSA letdown - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

PSA letdown

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1191 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 1228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
I went to the 4 LGS in my city today. None of them had a Front Pivot Pin. Only one had a LPK. CMMG for $119.99. I'll pass on that price.
Did you think about a temporary pin from Lowes? That's what I did until ArmaLite sent me a replacement pivot pin.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 02-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #12

Liked 781 Times on 452 Posts
Likes Given: 499

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk

I went to the 4 LGS in my city today. None of them had a Front Pivot Pin. Only one had a LPK. CMMG for $119.99. I'll pass on that price.
A nylon carriage bolt and nut will secure the upper until you can get the proper pin. The nylon will not damage the finish on the receiver. Just find a home depot that wont mind you bringing your AR with you.
"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 02-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #13

Liked 1151 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 2042

yup I keep a extra LPK on hand and lots more extra detents and springs, hammer springs , trigger springs , you just cant have enough of that stuff , not to mention if you find a extra good deal on a lower you don have to wait for extra parts you already have them . PSA will take care of you , good folks there , hell I ordered 2 LBKs MOE and they forgot one MOE stock , buffer and tube , quick email and I had it a week later . I have ordered a metric sh!t ton of stuff from them and they always take care of me if there is a problem .

Last edited by purehavoc; 02-09-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Old 02-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #14
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

One of my LGS has a DPMS lower parts kit, or they did a couple days ago anyway. Pre-hysteria the price was 69.99 When I was in there it was 79.99 That's not to jacked up, considering their PMAGS went from $14 to currently $50.

About PSA. I will say this. I am a SC original. I love everything about SC, I even have the Palmetto Moon stickers on my cars though I haven't lived there in over a decade. I went into PSA at the Columbia store (Ferdinand road or something, I forget) and the employees in there are about as worthless as a $3 bill. I'm sure they have some good guys, I just didn't meet any of them. The 2 I spoke to seemed irritated that I asked them a question. I spoke with a guy in SC a couple days back that has an AR he is thinking of selling, and we got into the PSA discussion. He said that store was odd. He claimed the manager was a super guy, and the staff sucked. Kinda goes against the grain, seeing as staff is usually a mirror image of management, but you know sometimes chit happens. I heard the warehouse location off I77 was the place to go, and they have the best selection of stock. I'll still use them, however it will be internet sales as I won't waste my time in that Columbia store anymore. Shame to, they have a nice setup there, kinda like a mini bassproshops with all the stuff they have. There's actually a Sportsmans Warehouse just down the street from them.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:29 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 191 Times on 128 Posts

I reciever a response email from PSA today, apologizing for the mistake, sending a replacement as soon as possible and thanking me for my patience. We will see how much patience I have. It depends on how long it takes PSA to get me my pin so I can finish my build.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

S, in case you missed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
... BTW Squawk, you can test out your build now. Go to a hardward store and find a pin that will fit temporarily...

I wouldn't be too critical of PSA, they do a great job overall. I had one order messed up but got it straightened out. Love my midlength upper from them. And LBK and a couple other small orders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Did you think about a temporary pin from Lowes? ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
A nylon carriage bolt and nut will secure the upper until you can get the proper pin. The nylon will not damage the finish on the receiver. Just find a Home Depot ...

Old 02-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
S, in case you missed it
Hehe. Thanks Q. I saw it. In just gonna wait to get the part. Call me crazy. I'd rather wait. Looking for a back up LPK now.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Ok, just saying that of all the parts in an AR that's one where you could make do with just about anything to at least test it out. Even a skinny ballpoint pen.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
Ok, just saying that of all the parts in an AR that's one where you could make do with just about anything to at least test it out. Even a skinny ballpoint pen.
Ya. I appreciate the advice. Probably not gonna have time to shoot in the next week anyways. I'll just wait for PSA to fix the problem.

Old 02-13-2013, 01:34 AM   #20

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

I've had MANY transactions with PSA, yes I've waited sometimes 3 weeks for an item, waited 15 days for 20 mags I ordered from them and received today. Orders have always been correct and they will keep receiving my business.

Newest Threads