Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > PSA letdown

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
62 gr Fusion
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 190 Times on 127 Posts

I recently received a LBK from Palmetto State Armory. I am very pleased with the kit except for one problem. They sent me two Rear Takedown Pins and no Front Pivot pins. I understand that demand is unprecedented, but if it is going to take 3 weeks to ship an order, make sure it is right.

I have emailed Customer Service. I'm hoping this gets taken care of quickly or I will be very displeased. Heads up to anyone ordering parts from this company.

I was hoping to take my new build out for the first time next weekend. Here's hoping they fix this in a timely manner.

If guns kill people, mine are defective.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 99 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

I ordered some stuff back in November. They left one item out that showed ship. I emailed and called the day I got them. In 3 days I had the other piece in hand. They came through for me there, so I'd expect them to come through for you as well. What makes me wonder is, if you are sold out of everything anyone wants, why is shipping so slow? Preselling inventory not yet in hand or what?

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

Old 02-09-2013, 06:39 PM   #3
62 gr Fusion

How they handle this will determine whether I order from them in the future. I understand demand is crazy but I have heard of things like this happening with PSA. I am one Front Pivot Pin away from completing my first build ever. So I am a little frustrated after waiting almost a month for the LBK.

Old 02-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #4
Resident Lurker / Retro AR nut

Liked 658 Times on 430 Posts
Likes Given: 1783

I ordered most of my parts from them back in October, they didn't send me my Magpul sticker (big deal) but they also left out the trigger guard, so I emailed them.

About a week later I got a padded envelope full of Magpul stickers, no trigger guard.

So after another email I finally received a trigger guard... Sans the installation pins.

I just went to my LGS and bought another trigger guard with pins as I was tired of waiting on PSA, great products, sucky service. I'll probably still buy from them when they are out of their infancy though, the product is that good.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member - NRA, NAGR

Old 02-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #5

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
How they handle this will determine whether I order from them in the future. I understand demand is crazy but I have heard of things like this happening with PSA. I am one Front Pivot Pin away from completing my first build ever. So I am a little frustrated after waiting almost a month for the LBK.
let this be a lesson to you ... buy a back up LPK

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

People Like This 
Old 02-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #6

Liked 723 Times on 537 Posts
Likes Given: 690

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Agree 100%, an extra LPK is a good thing to have.

BTW Squawk, you can test out your build now. Go to a hardward store and find a pin that will fit temporarily.

I got an LPK from ArmaLite years ago that came with an AR-10 pivot pin (too large of course). I found a pin at Lowes that worked until ArmaLite got the right pin to me.

I wouldn't be too critical of PSA, they do a great job overall. I had one order messed up but got it straightened out. Love my midlength upper from them. And LBK and a couple other small orders.

The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Last edited by Quentin; 02-09-2013 at 07:07 PM.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #7
62 gr Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj

If I could find another LPK, I would purchase it.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #8

Liked 3731 Times on 1821 Posts
Likes Given: 13267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawk View Post
If I could find another LPK, I would purchase it.
plenty to be had prior to the election

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

My AR15 Build - Range Report
My AR458SOCOM Build

Old 02-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #9

Liked 723 Times on 537 Posts
Likes Given: 690

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
plenty to be had prior to the election
+1

A lot of us who've been around the block a time or two starting picking up things before the election. It wasn't hard to predict what could happen, many of us remember 2008-9. Sandy Hook took us by surprise but the election didn't.

Of course this isn't fair to newcomers but lots of folks who should have known better got caught up in this. I hope things ease up over the next few months.

The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together.
You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 02-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #10
62 gr Fusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin

+1

A lot of us who've been around the block a time or two starting picking up things before the election. It wasn't hard to predict what could happen, many of us remember 2008-9. Sandy Hook took us by surprise but the election didn't.

Of course this isn't fair to newcomers but lots of folks who should have known better got caught up in this. I hope things ease up over the next few months.
I went to the 4 LGS in my city today. None of them had a Front Pivot Pin. Only one had a LPK. CMMG for $119.99. I'll pass on that price.