Problems with BAD from magpul

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Problems with BAD from magpul

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Problems with BAD from magpul

Have recentle installed a Magpul BAD(bettery assist device) on my Armalite AR15. Great addition for reloads but since I have been getting failure to lock the bolt back and unwanted double taps. Has anyone had problems like these with the BAD? Appreciate any help I can get on this

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-09-2011, 06:31 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5671 Times on 2962 Posts
Likes Given: 375

take it off and see if the problem continues. i dont see how that device would affect anything in the firing proccess. its likely your problem is just coincendental with installation.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 01-10-2011, 12:40 PM   #3

Other than your bolt catch spring being damaged or crushed, I don't see how it could affect it either.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:18 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I had a similar issue when I was loading my rounds way way way too hot. Thought it was the BAD lever. Took it off. No fix. Did some more research on my handloads, and cured the problem. Sounds to me like your rifle is cycling really hard. You are getting whats called a slam fire when the bolt closes really hard. You have the right buffer and spring in your rifle? Check that as well.

Old 01-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrel_Slayer View Post
I had a similar issue when I was loading my rounds way way way too hot. Thought it was the BAD lever. Took it off. No fix. Did some more research on my handloads, and cured the problem. Sounds to me like your rifle is cycling really hard. You are getting whats called a slam fire when the bolt closes really hard. You have the right buffer and spring in your rifle? Check that as well.
My thoughts as well.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:31 PM   #6

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by pupdog View Post
Have recentle installed a Magpul BAD(bettery assist device) on my Armalite AR15. Great addition for reloads but since I have been getting failure to lock the bolt back and unwanted double taps. Has anyone had problems like these with the BAD? Appreciate any help I can get on this
If you are having "unwanted double taps" stop using the rifle and send it back for warranty repair. The BAD lever should have nothing to do with that.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Closed Thread