Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Problem with my cmmg .22LR Kit :( (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/problem-my-cmmg-22lr-kit-73238/)

purehavoc 09-26-2012 09:49 PM

Problem with my cmmg .22LR Kit :(

3 Attachment(s)
I had it out yesterday and I had some subsonic rounds that I have had forever so I thought I would get rid of those . anyway I had feed prob after feed prob to begin with then several wouldnt manually eject when they misfired :( Its remington ammo so really I kinda expected it . then it just got to where it simply wouldnt eject any rounds . Took it apart today and noticed the ejector was chipped top and bottom . This thing would never manually eject since it was new so I believe it had issues to begin with and just got worse from there . I have put an estimated ??? amount of rounds thru it and its been alot
Looks chipped to you ? Hopefully CMMGs lifetime warranty will take care of me :rolleyes:

Rick1967 09-26-2012 10:49 PM

I am not sure what if it is suposed to be shaped like that or not. Is it smooth or jagged. Maybe someone else here has one to compare with.

Garadex 09-26-2012 11:06 PM

Looks messed up but I don't own one. Wish I could help more.

purehavoc 09-27-2012 12:53 AM

Well the guys from cmmg say that that is how they are made. This particular kit is live extraction only and with the 3000+ rounds thru it they can't believe something hasn't broken on it :rolleyes:
Subsonics don't fit the chamber well unless Aguilas are used . However my buddy has the same exact kit and his works with manual extract so that confused me a bit. I replied back I guess we will see what they say

Mosin 10-05-2012 12:43 PM

I just bought a cmmg kit, and was having issues the same as you described, right out of the box (yes, even using Remington subsonics).

I dremeled the gray tabs off of the magazines as instructed on the package, and the magazine had a better fit. Instead of jamming the magazine too high in the mag well, the magazine now sits properly. I no longer have any feed issues, and I'm glad I bought it. Had a lot of fun shooting it yesterday.

I hope your issues are resolved, but thought I'd share the mag alteration idea in case you haven't tried that already.

purehavoc 10-05-2012 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosin (Post 965205)
I just bought a cmmg kit, and was having issues the same as you described, right out of the box (yes, even using Remington subsonics).

I dremeled the gray tabs off of the magazines as instructed on the package, and the magazine had a better fit. Instead of jamming the magazine too high in the mag well, the magazine now sits properly. I no longer have any feed issues, and I'm glad I bought it. Had a lot of fun shooting it yesterday.

I hope your issues are resolved, but thought I'd share the mag alteration idea in case you haven't tried that already.

My problem was indeed the ejector , I had one of the older kits with the round ejector and it wasnt made for manual eject and also had some problems ejecting live rounds . The new ejector they sent me free :D fixed my manual eject problem and my issues using subsonic ammo .
CMMG great customer service and a great bunch of people there

Mosin 10-05-2012 07:08 PM

Glad to hear that! It makes me happy to know that I gave my money to a good company.