Primary weapons systems
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Primary weapons systems

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 12:01 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Primary weapons systems

Was looking at the colt 6920 but the guy at the gun store was telling me the primary blows colt outta the water and it's as reliable as the AK there the same price while one would you buy

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-21-2012, 12:17 AM   #2

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

Lemme guess, he probably makes 2x in profit on the pws than the colt

Old 10-21-2012, 10:14 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Does anybody know anything about the PWS

Old 10-21-2012, 10:32 PM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepper209 View Post
Does anybody know anything about the PWS
Indeed I do. Thanks for asking.

Just kidding.

PWS is a manufacturing facility in Boise, Idaho and they turn out a quality product.

Their parts are all USA made, but all their AR's are piston driven models. Piston driven mimics the AK, so when the guy at the store is telling you they are "more reliable" than the Colt, he is talking about if you were to do something absolutely stupid like open the chamber and fill it full of mud or something.

They feature button rifled barrels, which isn't the overall quality of a cut rifle barrel from the makers like White Oak Precision or Kreiger. Having said that, their barrels are going to probably be more accurate than the traditional chrome lined barrels that are very common in AR's because the lining itself is not uniform.

The down side to having a "better" barrel in a piston driven weapon is that while the first round is probably not going to be affected by the piston, follow up shots if done in rapid succession, are not going to be as accurate.

Colt will always be a name that retains it's value. Old schoolers like Canebrake will always be basking in the big "C" shadow and there is no denying that, regardless of the advances within the community.

PWS is more of a semi custom than a production line gun that just rolls off the line like Colt does.

So, which do you buy?

F*ck if I know.

You aren't comparing similar models, so you can't say one is "X" better than the other, just that they are different.

If you are in the market for a piston gun, PWS makes a very good one. If you want a DI gun, Colt makes a good one, but I would personally alter it from the way it ships with a couple of upgrades.

I hope that helps.

JD

Old 10-22-2012, 03:54 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks that did help I appreciate it i was looking at the 6920 or the mk116 with one would you choose