Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Prices Went Up!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2008, 02:10 AM   #1
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 989 Times on 565 Posts
Likes Given: 440

Default Prices Went Up!

I guess the election has the dealers scared. I went to a gun show in Ft. Worth today to buy some more 20 rd mags and the prices were $5-10 dollars higher than last month. I was going to buy 6 20rd & 6 30rd mags, but ended up only buying 5 20rd because the prices. And since we can only guess who our next President will be,I went ahead and bought another DPMS stripped lower. I think I'm going to build either a 50 Beowolf,or a 458 Socom with this one.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-03-2008, 02:26 AM   #2
cbw

I don't have a need for any large capacity clips but I've had several newsletters from various gun dealers who I've dealt with stating that they are running out of clips, and large caliber ammo, and recommending that you get on a waiting list if you want any.

[The odds are always 50/50

Old 11-03-2008, 03:06 AM   #3

last week I bought another Stag 2TL, 2500rds of 5.56 and 15 30 rd Magpul mags for exactly that reason.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:47 AM   #4
bkt

Liked 1302 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Rising prices are at least partly due to the rising costs in metals and due to huge demand of firearms and ammo.

The prospects of Obama becoming president and a majority Dem congress have a lot of people very concerned.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:13 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I too have noticed an increase in prices, both locally and online. I've been waiting to pick up a few pieces to put away, just in case

There are a few links that I frequent for parts and kits, and I have noticed that a few have already raised prices, for whatever reason.

It would be too easy to point at the scare of the elections, increase in metal prices, decrease in oil prices, insert excuse here [ ], but the fact is there are some out there who have upped the anty.

But then again, that's what CAPITALISM is all about, right? Sad...but true.

But after all the OT I've done recently, we should be getting a decent bonus check in the next week or so. With that, Christmas might be coming a little early to Slo's house Or....the boss might be eye-balling the rest of the appliances she wants to replace in the kitchen

Well...the elections are this week, so for those who think it might be coming....don't wait too long. Just do me a fav...leave me some, ok?

Slo

Old 11-04-2008, 12:50 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Haven't noticed an increase, in fact the ammo prices have come down slightly in the last couple of weeks. Metals have been headed down in price, probably the reason. Of course the panic buying will drive it back up after this evening. Demand will go up, as will the prices even though the new admin can have no effect until after Jan next year. But look out after that. Better get all you can now, cause they will definitely go up then. Was probably an opportunist dealer at the gun show. I am all about the capitalism, but there is such a thing as gouging too. Good move buying the, anyway, buy what you can afford.
regards

Old 11-06-2008, 12:14 PM   #7

I bought Some ..23 TRU ammo from Cheaper Than Dirt on 10/20 for $14.59 a box and it is now $29 a box.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:30 PM   #8
Administrator
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 687 Times on 384 Posts
Likes Given: 729

My guess is they will go up for a few months and then sales will taper. I think POTUS and Congress is going to have some serious issues to deal with in 2009. Economy, Wars, Health Care, Medicare, Social Security, etc. that gun control measures will take some time.

Not Registered? Register now! - It's free and helps the community grow.

Old 11-06-2008, 04:50 PM   #9

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3471 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
My guess is they will go up for a few months and then sales will taper. I think POTUS and Congress is going to have some serious issues to deal with in 2009. Economy, Wars, Health Care, Medicare, Social Security, etc. that gun control measures will take some time.
I am inclined to agree, except that will still leave Biden with too much time on his hands and we ALL KNOW he still has his first few drafts of AWB 1 on his hard drive somewhere.

But, I don't expect AWB 2 to hit the press in Feb either....

Old 11-07-2008, 02:35 AM   #10

Default transporting ar

what are u going to do when the law eventually changes that you cannot transport any ar 15, even to the rifle range to have fun?