precision upper - Page 6
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > precision upper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #51
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6330 Times on 3353 Posts
Likes Given: 464

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
More update plz, wanna see your results. I'm planning a precision build so I want no NEED to know ! Thx JonM!

Some actionshots would be cool too!
I should be able to get a movie of me shooting it when its done. The barrel is a .960 heavy 7.7 inch twist fluted bead blasted stainless krieger. The whole idea is to have a uber accurate rifle that is not a bolt gun. Ive got bolt actions but they arent my favorite type of rifle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
excellent ... just as we have come to expect from you jonM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBaller71 View Post
Dayum! That's one cool looking beast you got going there!! Keep it coming.
Thanks.

One of the top female shooters in the nra high power uses an ar15 to win matches. I think its a great platform for accuracy.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 09-12-2012, 02:00 AM   #52
FTF_MODERATOR.png

called krieger again today to find out what size the gasblock is thats coming with the barrel and its a max 1.48 inches. so i can get the handguard i wanted. an exended 15" JP Enterprises VTAC Modular Free Float Tube its got a 1.75" inside diameter, more than enough room. should look awesome with the fluted 20" barrel. the long horizontal cuts in the tube will match and show off the long flutes in the barrel really well.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 09-12-2012, 02:17 AM   #53
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Awesome. Look forward to it.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #54

Liked 336 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

its not a .936" diameter? Don't think it I've seen any gas blocks at .960".

Old 09-12-2012, 11:52 PM   #55
FTF_MODERATOR.png

krieger makes their own gas blocks if you ask for one they have one to fit all profiles they make. they will also turn down the barrel to the shoulder to fit whatever diameter you want. they will make the barrel however you want it. ream the chamber however you want etc.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:45 AM   #56

Liked 137 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
krieger makes their own gas blocks if you ask for one they have one to fit all profiles they make. they will also turn down the barrel to the shoulder to fit whatever diameter you want. they will make the barrel however you want it. ream the chamber however you want etc.
If I had your money I'd burn mine.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:04 AM   #57
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven View Post
If I had your money I'd burn mine.
no kids (wife cant have any ) and nothing but hard work and decades of eating spaghetti and peanut butter. if i wasnt honestly afraid of what obama will do in a second term i wouldnt be rushing to build some of my dream guns so fast.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:16 AM   #58
FTF_MODERATOR.png

ok the handguard showed up today. its a JP enterprises vtac modular 15". i took one of my m16a1 barrels which is currently stripped down as its pretty shot out and barely gauges field with a new bolt. i put everything together just hand tight nothing is torqued except the larue sps scope mount. anyway its almost done just waiting on the barrel. i may or may not use that particular bipod.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:23 AM   #59
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2919 Times on 1718 Posts

Looks like a shooter. Can't wait to see it with the barrel.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 09-16-2012, 01:40 AM   #60
FTF_MODERATOR.png

JP instructions say to use red loctite to attach the outer handguard nut to the reciever... im going to do it as i like the handguard and dont forsee a need to get rid of it.