precision upper - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > precision upper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 05:18 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3737 Times on 1825 Posts
Likes Given: 13270

Nice. I built my STAG for SHTF/EOTW/Zombie work but I was pleasantly surprised when I took her dancing at the 300yd target, going 9/10 on a 10" plate. The next range trip I took her out dancing at 400yds, 10/10 on the plate (had saved the dope setting from previous trip)

The rifle turned out to be a hell of a lot more accurate than I ever intended Now, hopefully this fall I can get my AR10 project plans off the drawing board

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 08-14-2012, 05:38 AM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5991 Times on 3133 Posts
Likes Given: 428

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-mark View Post
Very kind, but I'll go ahead and issue a refund for the discount amount After the charge settles tomorrow, I will be able to submit the refund...You can then expect to see it within 15 days or so. Thanks for the order, Jon!
Thats very kind of you. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
Nice. I built my STAG for SHTF/EOTW/Zombie work but I was pleasantly surprised when I took her dancing at the 300yd target, going 9/10 on a 10" plate. The next range trip I took her out dancing at 400yds, 10/10 on the plate (had saved the dope setting from previous trip)

The rifle turned out to be a hell of a lot more accurate than I ever intended Now, hopefully this fall I can get my AR10 project plans off the drawing board
You shooting iron sights or scope?? im primarily an iron shooter but im trying to get better at scoped shooting.

Ive got a magpul prs stock that needs a home. I really like it but its just not a good iron sight stock. Got the bcm for ohsht!! I dont have a good distance scoped gun im truly happy with at the ranges i have available to shoot at. My savage is also a ohsht!! Gun both it and the bcm run suppressed.

I just KNOW i can buildup a better gun for under 1k$ minus optics than the ones im seeing at the range i attend.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-14-2012, 05:49 AM   #13

scoped, my eyes are not that good at 100yds I could probably do the same but not anything further.

I'll be taking the scope off it down the road and putting a red dot on it. if i feel i need one i'll ad a magnifier

don't forget ... gives us the gun pron

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

Old 08-14-2012, 01:26 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

I will. But i think its going take a bit as im going to order a krieger from them not sure how long its going to take. Krieger is about a 50 mile northwest drive from here in ritchfield wisconsin. I know a stocking dealer for rra lowers and im thinking about going that route as opposed to just hot swapping uppers. But im undecided

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 08-14-2012, 02:17 PM   #15

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Jon ,
If your not dead set on the Krieger barrels I would take a look at White Oak Armament barrels . I hear alot of great things from precision shooters on these barrels in the AR application . http://www.whiteoakprecision.com/uppers-match.htm
Lots to choose from between service , match grade and varmit barrels just take a look

Last edited by purehavoc; 08-14-2012 at 02:19 PM.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #16
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
Jon ,
If your not dead set on the Krieger barrels I would take a look at White Oak Armament barrels . I hear alot of great things from precision shooters on these barrels in the AR application . http://www.whiteoakprecision.com/uppers-match.htm
Lots to choose from between service , match grade and varmit barrels just take a look
Kreiger is a local company about 50 miles from me.

im familiar with whiteoak. they use primarily krieger blanks and barrels. if i was making another service rifle or having my current one modified on the rear sight white oak would be doing the work for me except for choice of barrel. might as well get one right from the source

Old 08-14-2012, 04:48 PM   #17
FTF_MODERATOR.png

just talked to the folks at krieger barrels. ordered a 20" .920 varmatch 223wylde 7.7twist stainless bead blast with gasblock. the nice gentleman there said it was a 4-6 week timeframe as the blank was in stock it just needed to be cut and chambered to spec. i will be using a Bravo Company BCG.

just need to find a good round free float handguard.

with all the custom additions and wisconsin salestax its still under the online distributer price at midway

Old 08-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #18

any fluting on the barrel?

I actually like the DPMS smooth free float handguard (like the one on my AR10). It's not as rough as RRA's and to me has a cleaner looking appearance/lines

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

Last edited by dog2000tj; 08-14-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:08 PM   #19
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Nah no fluting. Not a huge fan of it. I dont think it adds real value for the risk of possibly ruining the harmonics. I think my savage would be more accurate if it wasnt fluted.

Once the barrel gets here im going to take it over to midwest industries and see what they got in the way of aluminum round tubes.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:31 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6559 Times on 3655 Posts
Likes Given: 6202

Since you're obviously planning to spend a of of money on a scope, take a really hard look at Schmidt & Binder, and Ziess/Hensoldt.

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill