Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   precision upper (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/precision-upper-70272/)

JonM 08-14-2012 02:34 AM

precision upper
 
looking to build up a precision upper. thinking about using a kreiger 7.7 twist 20" 223 barrel and cant decide on whose upper to use.

considering this from rogtac (one of our vendors)
Rainier Arms Ultramatch Billet A3 Upper
http://www.rogtac.com/upper-parts/upper-receivers/rainier-arms-ultramatch-billet-a3-upper.html

or this:
VLTOR MUR-1S Upper Receiver w/ Shell Deflector, No Forward Assist
http://www.rogtac.com/upper-parts/upper-receivers/vltor-mur-1s-upper-receiver-w-shell-deflector-no-forward-assist.html

its kinda ugly but no clue if its got m4 cuts or not. i need the upper to be A3 no m4 cuts

scope would be a possible nightforce benchrest 12-42x havent decided on reticle yet

X-mark 08-14-2012 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 903022)
looking to build up a precision upper. thinking about using a kreiger 7.7 twist 20" 223 barrel and cant decide on whose upper to use.

considering this from rogtac (one of our vendors)
Rainier Arms Ultramatch Billet A3 Upper
http://www.rogtac.com/upper-parts/upper-receivers/rainier-arms-ultramatch-billet-a3-upper.html

or this:
VLTOR MUR-1S Upper Receiver w/ Shell Deflector, No Forward Assist
http://www.rogtac.com/upper-parts/upper-receivers/vltor-mur-1s-upper-receiver-w-shell-deflector-no-forward-assist.html

its kinda ugly but no clue if its got m4 cuts or not. i need the upper to be A3 no m4 cuts

scope would be a possible nightforce benchrest 12-42x havent decided on reticle yet


Of the two choices, only the Rainier Arms A3 is without M4 cuts. Looking forward to seeing this build, whether you use parts from me or not! Keep us posted and let me know if I can help you source some parts.

JonM 08-14-2012 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-mark (Post 903120)
Of the two choices, only the Rainier Arms A3 is without M4 cuts. Looking forward to seeing this build, whether you use parts from me or not! Keep us posted and let me know if I can help you source some parts.

thats been my findings tonite. been webhunting for the last 3 hours. there are some A3 but all low quality. putting in my order to you tonite.

X-mark 08-14-2012 04:03 AM

don't forget to use the forum discount code: FT5

JonM 08-14-2012 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-mark (Post 903147)
don't forget to use the forum discount code: FT5

oh damn i just placed it and didnt do it :( i read the reply too late :(

X-mark 08-14-2012 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 903163)
oh damn i just placed it and didnt do it :( i read the reply too late :(

No problem...I can cancel the order and you can order again, or I can issue you a refund of the discount amount. Let me know which you prefer.

dog2000tj 08-14-2012 05:07 AM

what's the build for?

JonM 08-14-2012 05:07 AM

Donate it to the nra or goa if you want :) or just keep it as dirty captilistic profit heh. Im all for captilistic profit heh.

JonM 08-14-2012 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 903227)
what's the build for?

Making a precision ar15upper. Been shooting my savage model 10 and cant get past the (its not an ar15 thing). Plus i want to do some league shooting this winter. I think i can putthe old benchrest shooting men to shame with a new fangled ar15. I already shoot better with irons than most of em do with scopes.

Put a good br scope on a quality ar15 upper and open the school room door

X-mark 08-14-2012 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 903228)
Donate it to the nra or goa if you want :) or just keep it as dirty captilistic profit heh. Im all for captilistic profit heh.

Very kind, but I'll go ahead and issue a refund for the discount amount :) After the charge settles tomorrow, I will be able to submit the refund...You can then expect to see it within 15 days or so. Thanks for the order, Jon!


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:21 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.