You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

pre ban

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2012, 01:47 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default pre ban

Anyone know where I can find 3 or4 pre ban 30 rd mags?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-29-2012, 02:29 AM   #2

Liked 1373 Times on 871 Posts
Likes Given: 813

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy
Anyone know where I can find 3 or4 pre ban 30 rd mags?
Most gun shows have a ton.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 06-29-2012, 01:51 PM   #3

Liked 369 Times on 290 Posts
Likes Given: 624

Since you are asking about pre-ban mags, I assume you are living in a state that bans anything higher than 10 rounds? If so, I suggest you look for "law enforcement/military only" type stamp on them. If they have something similar, stay away from them. Check cheaperthandirt.com site. They have a run on used mags sometimes.

Old 06-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2926 Times on 1721 Posts

I'm gonna guess you're in Massachusetts. If I'm right right you have two options. Call all the gun stores in the area and ask If they have them and expect to pay a minimum $20 each or wait for a gun show. And as stated stay away from anything marked for military or police use only. You cannot get them from out of state. They must have been pre-owned by someone in ma before 1994. Thanks Romney.

Old 06-29-2012, 05:10 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 39 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 77

Romney had very little to do with it according to my cousin who lives in Bean Town.

Old 06-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2926 Times on 1721 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjgnwdc
Romney had very little to do with it according to my cousin who lives in Bean Town.
In 1994 Romney had supported firearms-control measures opposed by the National Rifle Association: the so-called Brady Bill, which restricted the sale of handguns, and the assault weapons ban. During the 1994 senatorial campaign he had taunted: "That's not going to make me the hero of the NRA." He reinforced his support for these measures when he ran for governor in 2002, when he promised not to chip away at the Commonwealth's tough gun laws. Now as a presidential candidate, Romney presented himself disingenuously as a lifetime member of the NRA and a hunter of "varmints," which prompted the acerbic Boston Globe columnist Joan Vennochi to write: "Leave it to Mitt Romney to shoot himself in the foot with a gun he doesn't own." Source: An Inside Look,by R.B.Scott, p.144-145 ,Nov22,2011

Old 06-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #7

I live in upstate NY,and I have found some online, but most companies will not ship even the pre ban mags up here.I have talked to alot of gunshops in my area that have a few for there personal use and say as long as there pre ban there legal just going to be harder to find without taking a trip out of state to find them.My problem is the law,I can own pre ban,but not new.....?they look the same to me.

Old 06-30-2012, 01:04 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1742 Times on 1141 Posts
Likes Given: 1717

Preban mags should be undated or dated before 9/1994 but double check that date. Watch out for dates that are ground off, it happens.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 07-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7380 Times on 3940 Posts
Likes Given: 584

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponyboy View Post
I live in upstate NY,and I have found some online, but most companies will not ship even the pre ban mags up here.I have talked to alot of gunshops in my area that have a few for there personal use and say as long as there pre ban there legal just going to be harder to find without taking a trip out of state to find them.My problem is the law,I can own pre ban,but not new.....?they look the same to me.
See quentin's reply above. They need a date. Thats tough to find with ar mags a lot arent date stamped. And the ones that are, are still illegal to mail to a ban state.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent