Poor Customer Support from Rock River - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Poor Customer Support from Rock River

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2012, 08:24 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

I do understand why they want to see it even if it is a small part , they want to see what caused the problem so if its a concern with other rifles they can see what went wrong , why and how and how to make sure it doesnt happen again . yes its a PITA to send it and wait to get it back , but I would have suggested they pay the shipping both ways .
I just sent a handgun back to S&W for a broken striker and they want me to send it to them to check for the reasons I just mentioned. Yes it is a simple 2 min fix I could have done myself but they do not send out strikers on a few of their models . No questions asked they sent a freight prepaid pick up tag all I had to do was put it in the original case and box it up and call fed ex for a pick up . They also stated they were going to change out the extractor and spring and do a routine maintenance on it while they had it . See ya in 2 weeks

Old 10-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
I do understand why they want to see it even if it is a small part , they want to see what caused the problem so if its a concern with other rifles they can see what went wrong , why and how and how to make sure it doesnt happen again . yes its a PITA to send it and wait to get it back , but I would have suggested they pay the shipping both ways .
This is a good point. They likely analyze failures and implement corrective actions as part of a continuous improvement program. They should have offered to cover shipping both ways though.

Old 10-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #13

Liked 1838 Times on 952 Posts
Likes Given: 1398

Quote:
Originally Posted by treehugger49 View Post
. . . . .Vincine has the right idea. Be sure someone higher up at RRA sees this thread.

And be sure to give them credit here if they step up and make it right, too.
To get a printable view, click 'Thread Tools'. It's on the same blue bar as 'View First Unread'.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:09 AM   #14
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1248 Times on 707 Posts
Likes Given: 591

I believe the OP is raising a stink about nothing.
Not many companies are going to send you parts to fix there product if it's under warranty,no matter how small the problem is.
If it's only $4 worth of parts,I'd just fix it myself and be happy.
Trying to trash RRA on the net over a buffer tube plunger and spring seems a little childish to me.

A warranty is for them to fix it,not for them to send you parts to fix it yourself.

Old 10-17-2012, 03:29 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Gee Txhillbilly, I didn't realize that I had trashed RRA! I reread my post and other comments and didn't see any trash. I didn't see a single negative comment about RRA products. Maybe you should read more careful. Maybe you should choose your words more carefully when you talk about people. It hurts my feelings that a close friend would call me "childish". You must be a close friend to have formed such an opinion of me, because no self respecting individual would make such a statement about someone they didn't know, or had never even met.
FYI.....I called S&W and asked what they would do in this situation. Surprise, they said they would send me the parts (I have a S&W M&P TS).
FYI.....I called Daniel Defense and asked what they would do in this situation. Surprise, they said they would send me the parts (I have a DD V5LW).
Maybe there is some value to open discussion of a companies service, but such "childish" discussion is of no interest to you.

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:17 AM   #16

Liked 4442 Times on 2199 Posts
Likes Given: 954

I wonder if they want to fix it under warranty to protect themselves from any liability.
When in doubt, blame the lawyers!

Lawyers: Defending The Constitution and the citizen, since 1776.

Old 10-17-2012, 02:21 PM   #17

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
I do understand why they want to see it even if it is a small part , they want to see what caused the problem so if its a concern with other rifles they can see what went wrong , why and how and how to make sure it doesnt happen again . yes its a PITA to send it and wait to get it back , but I would have suggested they pay the shipping both ways .........
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusEcho View Post
This is a good point. They likely analyze failures and implement corrective actions as part of a continuous improvement program. They should have offered to cover shipping both ways though.
Very good point, indeed. However, if that is their policy, it should have been explained as such when the OP contacted them, and, as you suggested, make it easy for the customer and pay shipping both ways.

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation