Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Polymer AR Lower

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 03:19 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Has anyone seen/fired/owned a Cavalry Arms Cav-15 lower? It's a solid piece of glass filled nylon 6 polymer assembled from two halves using a linear vibration welding process and includes the butt, grip, and trigger guard. It uses all standard mil-spec parts with the exception of the take down pins. I've been thinking about getting one for my first AR-15 build, while i still can. Please let me know your thoughts.

Polymer lower... hell I just had a total mental lapse. Will a Mod please delete this and save me some embarrasment before anyone sees it? I may as well just throw out my manhood and buy a Glock.

"When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend."
-U.S. Army Training Notice

Last edited by Dillinger; 02-27-2009 at 01:35 PM. Reason: It's just easier this way. :-)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-27-2009, 11:50 AM   #2

I have a Cav lower and have no complaints about it at all. It's light and well made.

The pivot and take down pins are specific to the lower as they are slightly longer than standard pins and have detent bearings.

The buffer and spring are retained by a pin which you will have to supply tourself also. I used an appriopriate diameter drill bit ground to the proper length. The rest of the internals are standard.

I am using mine for a light weight build with an A1 countour 16" barrel and carbon fiber carbine forend. Should weigh in around, maybe slightly under, 5 pounds if the barrel ever gets here.

"People live too long, dogs don't live long enough" - FTF Member-

Old 02-27-2009, 05:48 PM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I don't have a Cav, and I'm kicking myself for that.

They are great pieces of equipment, and the guys at Cav are great people.