Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > PMC .223 chrono?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2009, 04:32 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

wow this is quite amusing to watch *sits back and grabs some popcorn* lol

"Gun bans disarm victims, putting them at the mercy of murderers or terrorists who think nothing of breaking the gun laws."

"When guns are outlawed, only outlaws have guns"

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” - Sigmund Freud

"The 2nd Amendment...Washington didn't use his right to free speech to defeat the British, he shot them!"

Old 12-24-2009, 04:54 PM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

While I haven't put it through a chronograph, the recoil does seem to be slightly less than from M193 or M855, more on the lines of steel-cased Wolf or American Eagle AE223. As long as your gun still runs it fine, there should be no issue whatsoever...

Old 12-24-2009, 05:00 PM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_sxt View Post
While I haven't put it through a chronograph, the recoil does seem to be slightly less than from M193 or M855, more on the lines of steel-cased Wolf or American Eagle AE223. As long as your gun still runs it fine, there should be no issue whatsoever...
Runs with no problem, just curiosity on my part. XMX193 is pretty robust, but the difference was significant with the bronze. Have never shot the steel cased stuff (never plan to) so no basis for comparison.

Old 12-24-2009, 05:29 PM   #14

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3475 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Hillbilly, are you off your meds again? You crazy redneck!

You can't have a flame war with yourself, the folks from the cyber division will bump you right up the list of Right Wing WhackJobs and snatch you first.

Old 12-25-2009, 01:37 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 7

You have entered the Twilight Zone.......

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian."

Old 01-02-2010, 09:10 AM   #16
rab
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default from PMC to LC

I feel the same. I changed form PMC to LC(mil-surplus). PMC 55gr was accurate and predictable. there wasn't much diff in 50 and 100yd impact. They were awful dirty too. Other than that I loved it. Very affordable! I now shoot 62gr Mil-Surp. LC "Grn Tip". It seems to fly tight. I zeroed for 100. Good tight groups. However, my 50yd impact is 6-8" low? Is there that much difference or is it me? Does any one have or know of the trajectory table for CAR/M15 using 62gr?

thanks ahead of time,