Please tell me where I'm going wrong here. - Page 2

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Please tell me where I'm going wrong here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 05:13 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Get ahold of Agent Tikki , he willhelp you out on this he is from CA and I know he is packing a few AR pistols

Old 10-18-2012, 05:14 PM   #12

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumbles View Post

Yes Dillinger, it is very unlikely to me things will get so fleash eating zombie bad in this country....unless we are attacked from without and within and civil unrest spirals out of control etc etc. I don't even want to think about that. So yeah, modifying a weapon to illegal levels seems crazy stupid.

Thinking about it though....maybe with a RD or holo sight, an MS3 sling and ASAP fitted to a short barrel AR pistol... this could result in a highly maneuverable weapon system. To me, pictures of folks holding the AR pistol at full extension with both hands on the pistol grip, look very uncontrollable and even uncomfortable. I could be wrong but one hand on the pistol grip, the other on the barrel guard and pushing against the sling....seems a more efficient way.

Thank you.
Oh, I am there with you. I am personally hoping for the Space Zombies to hit so we can end all this election non-sense and get on with the fun.

I have shot an AR pistol and your suspicions are correct, it's not comfortable to hold as a pistol, but in a more locked in three point with the sling like you are talking about does seem like it would be a perfect CQB option. I like your thinking.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:01 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have to go back and check the rules.....LOL....not sure if any kind of political speech is tolerated..... so for now I will not go there. The future looks very, very uncertain to me and could go south very quickly. I think we are at that proverbial tipping point...or close to it.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:45 AM   #14

Liked 650 Times on 368 Posts
Likes Given: 5125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumbles View Post
I have to go back and check the rules.....LOL....not sure if any kind of political speech is tolerated..... so for now I will not go there. The future looks very, very uncertain to me and could go south very quickly. I think we are at that proverbial tipping point...or close to it.

GAH! there won't be any riotin if owhampers wins. "WE," the good and well-behaved, will not push the envelope with riotin and lootin, like the heatherns will/would if Romney wins.

it's the difference between us and them..........upright knuckle-draggers against brain-dead slugs. lol

"they may get me in a rush, but not before i turn your head into a canoe....." -Kurt Russell (Wyatt Earp) in Tombstone

"if it was up to me, i'd like to see, this country run,
the way it used to be, the way it oughta be, just like it's done, OUT HERE.........WAY OUT HERE." -Josh Thompson, country music singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0sYnro_3Rc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3R00rlA0S0&NR=1

PEOPLE TEND TO ACT LIKE SHEEP, BOY I LOVE MUTTON! -Me

Old 10-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Please correct me if im wrong, but i am under the impression that if the buffer tube has locking holes on the bottom or a threaded end cap on the end of the buffer tube, then its considered a rifle stock. If a buttstock can be attached to it then its not considered a pistol. I know that pistol buffer tubes come with a smooth tube and a flat non threaded end.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #16
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 235 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlmightyBob
Please correct me if im wrong, but i am under the impression that if the buffer tube has locking holes on the bottom or a threaded end cap on the end of the buffer tube, then its considered a rifle stock. If a buttstock can be attached to it then its not considered a pistol. I know that pistol buffer tubes come with a smooth tube and a flat non threaded end.
But there's a letter from ATF saying regardless which buffer tube as long a stock NEVER installed.. good to go. Im on my phone, dont have the link. But i have it on my desktop.
Indeed i registered one of my AR pistol with rifle buffer tube at metro.

Last edited by okdonk; 10-19-2012 at 12:30 PM.