Plastic/Polymer ARs - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Plastic/Polymer ARs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2013, 11:41 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 237 Times on 187 Posts
Likes Given: 342

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropZone889 View Post
Everyone that auto slams poly lowers with NO first or even second hand account if a fool, my cousins brother sisters boyfriend blahhhh come on guys let's go be first hand account!!!!! I just built my first poly lower NFA using a RRA LPK ( one thin I stay far from is plastic FCG!!!!!!)
And I just ran 240 rounds at the range the day before with NO problems what so ever and also got complements from a couple guys. Here is the deal : stick to a well make lower like NFA and use a a real good LPK NO Plastic!!! I have seen LPK parts break personally two times. I don't tip toe with my gun at the range and I love it, I even got 6 mags of Tula ready to shoot tommorow!!!!!
BTW: I also have the Adams arms carbine piston kit installed and after I shot 240 the other day it looks as clean as it was before it was ever shot!

I really hate when the haters automatically slam poly lowers when then haven't even touched one nor shot one, I'm sure this sounds the same when Glock first came out I bet!
I didn't choose the lower it was the only thing around with out taking out a mortgage in January but I. The end it worked out GREAT! So please giver advice on knowledge not unverifiable option!

B
Mine is first hand knowledge. The polymers I have dealt with, to include NFA, were inferior to aluminum. Glad you have success with yours. Not a big fan personally, due to my experience with them. I know a few C15 owners who have had nothing but success with theirs, then I read about some that have issues with them cracking. Much probably depends on the owners. Since you probably won't be taking yours to Fallujah, yours might last longer than you. My AR's are aluminum, because I want mine to be ready for when we have to deal with Rosie O'Donnel and her lezbian zombie apocolypse.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin