Plastic/Polymer ARs - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Plastic/Polymer ARs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2013, 08:31 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 138 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 52

When I was in the ARMY my issued M16 was an H&R. I just wished I was around long enough in the ARMY to shoot the M4.
I own 2 Mini-14s and am looking to add an AR 15 to my collection. My local WM has a DPMS for $677.
Ever since the panic attack a few months ago I am seeing the AR prices come back down to reality.
Any advice is greatly appreciated. BTW, my budget is $700. If that only gets me a decent AR I can add goodies to it later.
BTW, here is a pic of an H&R M16. I posted it because there are people out there that did not know the military issued an H&R M16.

http://imageshack.us/a/img801/1344/2u98.jpg
Old 09-18-2013, 09:07 PM   #12

Liked 483 Times on 312 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Ruger, as you can probably tell, this is a well worn path and is as contentious as the Glock vs 1911 threads. I had two Bushmaster C-15's. Both ate everything I fed them and shredded the X ring once the red dot was zero'd. Sold both during "the panic" for a nice profit, but it wouldn't have broken my heart to keep one or both. Would they have held up over the long haul? Can't answer that. Are there better AR's? Of course. Bottom line is, you're not deploying to Fallujah. Till such time as you're ready to upgrade, the Bushie will likely do whatever you need it to.

Last edited by Donn; 09-18-2013 at 09:33 PM.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:15 PM   #13

Liked 42 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger_Nut View Post
When I was in the ARMY my issued M16 was an H&R. I just wished I was around long enough in the ARMY to shoot the M4.
I own 2 Mini-14s and am looking to add an AR 15 to my collection. My local WM has a DPMS for $677.
Ever since the panic attack a few months ago I am seeing the AR prices come back down to reality.
Any advice is greatly appreciated. BTW, my budget is $700. If that only gets me a decent AR I can add goodies to it later.
BTW, here is a pic of an H&R M16. I posted it because there are people out there that did not know the military issued an H&R M16.

If the DPMS u looked at is the Oracle then its not bad for that price

This is my DPMS Oracle with some mods to make it more versatile

forumrunner_20130918_171245.jpg

forumrunner_20130918_171304.jpg

If u chose to buy it u should look into buying a better bolt carrier group as I did but that's all I found necessary to replace for internals

Old 09-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #14
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6792 Times on 3610 Posts
Likes Given: 506

Quote:

my best advice based on experience with many AR15. i currently have 5 ar15 and 1 in 22lr. ive sold 4 others that were of lesser quality.

save up till you can get a good one. dont settle on a lesser rifle because of budget. instead of buying that (insert coffee/soda/beer/ciggarrette/cigar/pipe/mixed drink) every time you desire something outside water put that money into the AR15 fund. you will have the money in a month or two for whatever AR15 you want.

my recomendation is go BCM upper for shtf or RRA upper for tack driving. whatever complete milspec lower you choose.
"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

"I crapped my pants to avoid the draft!!" -Ted Nugent

Old 09-18-2013, 09:30 PM   #15

Liked 1151 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 2042

Quote:

If you dont have a problem building a lower and pinning on a upper It can be done as a quality build way under your budget

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/16-mid-length-light-weight-chrome-lined-premium-rifle-kit.html

Stripped lower These usually run $79 without the LPK This setup runs you a little over $600 shipped

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/firearms/receivers/blemished-psa-picto-lower-and-classic-lower-parts-kit.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you arent interested in building the lower you can buy it complete and surly you can push in the 2 pins to put the upper on the lower . This setup sets you back just a hair over $700 shipped but because of the deals you now have a extra LPK and those are nice to have for extra parts .

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/firearms/receivers/palmetto-state-armory/complete-psa-ar-15-lower-classic-edition.html

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/16-mid-length-light-weight-chrome-lined-premium-rifle-kit.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you dont have any intentions of building this is a quality AR that is the basic with a upgraded QMS trigger for $799 , carry handle is removable for optics later.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/firearms/rifles/palmetto-state-armory/pa-15-moe-qms-carbine-package.html

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Last edited by purehavoc; 09-18-2013 at 09:33 PM.

Old 09-18-2013, 09:55 PM   #16

Liked 138 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
If you dont have any intentions of building this is a quality AR that is the basic with a upgraded QMS trigger for $799 , carry handle is removable for optics later.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/firearms/rifles/palmetto-state-armory/pa-15-moe-qms-carbine-package.html
This is exactly what I am looking for. What is their warranty on said AR?

Old 09-19-2013, 12:50 AM   #17

Quote:
This is exactly what I am looking for. What is their warranty on said AR?
Mine said in the 17 page manual that came with it a limited lifetime warranty

Old 09-19-2013, 06:27 AM   #18

Anyone has any experience with EP Lowers?? Eplowers.com

Old 09-19-2013, 03:10 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisbrucelee View Post
Anyone has any experience with EP Lowers?? Eplowers.com
no experience here , but $100 for a 80% poly lower??? NO THANKS!!!!!!

Old 09-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #20

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts

Everyone that auto slams poly lowers with NO first or even second hand account if a fool, my cousins brother sisters boyfriend blahhhh come on guys let's go be first hand account!!!!! I just built my first poly lower NFA using a RRA LPK ( one thin I stay far from is plastic FCG!!!!!!)
And I just ran 240 rounds at the range the day before with NO problems what so ever and also got complements from a couple guys. Here is the deal : stick to a well make lower like NFA and use a a real good LPK NO Plastic!!! I have seen LPK parts break personally two times. I don't tip toe with my gun at the range and I love it, I even got 6 mags of Tula ready to shoot tommorow!!!!!
BTW: I also have the Adams arms carbine piston kit installed and after I shot 240 the other day it looks as clean as it was before it was ever shot!

I really hate when the haters automatically slam poly lowers when then haven't even touched one nor shot one, I'm sure this sounds the same when Glock first came out I bet!
I didn't choose the lower it was the only thing around with out taking out a mortgage in January but I. The end it worked out GREAT! So please giver advice on knowledge not unverifiable option!

B
image-2784894829.jpg  
More to come....

"Don't thik of it as 'Gun Control', think of it as "Victim disarmament". If we make enough laws, we can ALL be criminals".
NC1760 Likes This