planning an AR purchase sometime soon... - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > planning an AR purchase sometime soon...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2012, 09:11 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
I have to build three for my sons, one for each of them. Then I want to build me a tack driver.
Make that 4, I'm up fer adoption!

Old 05-07-2012, 09:16 PM   #22

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
Make that 4, I'm up fer adoption!
Scribbles list. Damn. Now I have to delay mine another two or so weeks.

What part of 'shall not be infringed' confuses people?

Old 05-07-2012, 09:35 PM   #23

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

My buddy bought a stainless superbull 20'' barrel R guns upper 1:8 twist and its a tack driver . Its for sure a bench gun because that ol girl is fat , The upper alone not including the bolt weighed well over 7# because it errored my mail scale here at work . Price was right and he is more than satisfied with his purchase .

Old 05-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #24

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLuby View Post
I think it's going to be a 'get it when you can' summer.
That is what I keep hearing, but I'm not seeing anywhere. Some of the mail order and Internet ammo sales places are back ordered, and seeing a healthier than normal rise in business. With that said every gun shop I've been in including Cabela's and Sportsman's Warehouse are not seeing much of a rise in black rifle sales.

Yes, if you order one from the manufacturer, the asteroid will hit before you get the damn thing. But they've always been like that because they concentrate on filling orders for large distributors before they do individuals. Joe Consumer's order will always go to the bottom of the pile, while big box retailers and major gun dealers like Davidson's get their large, multi gun orders filled rather promptly. That is why I would never "order" any type of AR-15 rifle except from a dealer that I know has it in stock when I click the mouse. If I want it outfitted with additional crap, I'll buy and install it after the fact. That's better than waiting for the second coming of Christ before they ship your gun.

The economy along with the very high unemployment rate, that is not getting any better is keeping sales of these types of items lower than normal. People can't buy what they don't have money for. Most of them are already carrying heavy credit card debt. The last thing they need is more. There are also a large number of people who feel their jobs are in danger. Many of these people are hanging by a financial thread. Paying their mortgage and stocking the fridge is going to rank higher than that new AR.

Add to the fact Romney is continuing to gain political ground over Hussein and a lot of people are not going to feel so threatened this time around. Gun manufacturers and dealers as well. They'll be very reluctant to expand production to high levels like they did the last time, only to see the bottom drop out of the AR-15 black rifle market. There have been runs on these type of weapons before, and the fear factor just doesn't seem to be there this time. Even if Hussein were to win, with the House in Republican control, the chances of more gun control is way less than it was in 2008, when everyone ran like Lemmings and stripped the shelves bare of most anything that went bang.

Old 05-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #25

Liked 40 Times on 39 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Out of the 2 I would go w/ PSA. RRA is overpriced. In the RRA price range BCM is a better choice. BCM is a proven performer.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #26

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

I just ordered that rra for kygco, it seem to have great review all around, this will be my first ar. Does it mater weather I shoot 223 or 556 throw it? Wat u guy suggest. . .

Old 05-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #27

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by armed1212 View Post
I just ordered that rra for kygco, it seem to have great review all around, this will be my first ar. Does it mater weather I shoot 223 or 556 throw it? Wat u guy suggest. . .
RRA's are built tough like a tank. They'll take whatever you want to feed it.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #28

Liked 13 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by armed1212
I just took my new RRA to range a couple weeks ago. I put 220 rounds of 223 and 5.56 both steel and brass through it with zero issues. Gun is more accurate than I am too.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:44 PM   #29
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 235 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by armed1212
Let me guess... U got the Tactical Operator 2?

Old 05-08-2012, 08:58 PM   #30

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post
RRA's are built tough like a tank. They'll take whatever you want to feed it.
My only RRA AR-15 is the LAR-9, 9 MM. But if I were in the market for another mouse gun I would for certain look into Rock River Arms. A dealer near me I do quite a bit of business with stocks several of them. They are nice guns with even nicer features. Most all he carries are dressed out really well. He currently has one of their .223 pistols. It's a nice little gun.