Pictures of lower receivers - Page 7
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Pictures of lower receivers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2011, 10:43 PM   #61
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Well said! I couldn't quite put my finger on it before but that's exactly how I feel about it, MJ. It's real easy to go too far but this isn't overdone.

And my wife's name is Val so that didn't hurt either.
LOL, thats funny, although I thought range time was to forget and relax

Old 08-12-2011, 12:52 AM   #62

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Colt Armalite AR15 (pre-M16)

What does the pin just above the word "semi" do?

Enemies of the United States:hunt them down, kill them all.War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:35 AM   #63

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Its to pin his hair up w/ when he really gets to go'n at the range

Old 08-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #64

Liked 1031 Times on 724 Posts
Likes Given: 1029

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudo View Post
What does the pin just above the word "semi" do?
Join the Army and you'll find out when they hand you the M4A1!

Full auto...

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 08-13-2011, 05:12 PM   #65

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Join the Army and you'll find out when they hand you the M4A1!

Full auto...
I did not make myself clear. I know that the pin is in full auto receivers, my question is what does the pin do?

Enemies of the United States:hunt them down, kill them all.War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:14 AM   #66

Liked 1031 Times on 724 Posts
Likes Given: 1029

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudo View Post
I did not make myself clear. I know that the pin is in full auto receivers, my question is what does the pin do?
Sorry, a while back I got a tongue lashing talking more about it. Just google and look at the guts of an M16 and you'll see. We're pretty careful around here about talking how select fire works, someone might misinterpret and think we're giving instructions!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:11 PM   #67

Likes Given: 4

Looking for my first AR-15 and stumbled across one on the internet. Sounds like it was built and not "off the shelf". It's an M4A3, flat-top with rail (and a handle comes with it), Bushmaster chromed 16" barrel (sounds cool)...

Question I have here for the experts is the lower receiver is from Anvil Arms and has a Daniels Defense lower receiver kit. Is this okay? I've never heard of either, and I'm not sure what the lower receiver kit is/does. The guy wants $850, which seems a little high to me, but (like I said), and an AR noob. I have been reading though. $850 with no extras, one 30 rnd mag, no case...nothing. I live near Tampa, so I'm always suspicious that something is "hot", or otherwise just a piece of sh*t.

My final concern is that it's chambered @ 5.56 instead of .223. I want to target shoot and plink, and I'm told that the .223 is a better choice (as is an A2 with a longer bbl).

Would I be better off just buying an A2 Bushmaster in .223 and leaving this piece alone? Craigs List. Go figure.

Old 08-25-2011, 10:31 PM   #68

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffCooper View Post
Looking for my first AR-15 and stumbled across one on the internet. Sounds like it was built and not "off the shelf". It's an M4A3, flat-top with rail (and a handle comes with it), Bushmaster chromed 16" barrel (sounds cool)...

Question I have here for the experts is the lower receiver is from Anvil Arms and has a Daniels Defense lower receiver kit. Is this okay? I've never heard of either, and I'm not sure what the lower receiver kit is/does. The guy wants $850, which seems a little high to me, but (like I said), and an AR noob. I have been reading though. $850 with no extras, one 30 rnd mag, no case...nothing. I live near Tampa, so I'm always suspicious that something is "hot", or otherwise just a piece of sh*t.

My final concern is that it's chambered @ 5.56 instead of .223. I want to target shoot and plink, and I'm told that the .223 is a better choice (as is an A2 with a longer bbl).

Would I be better off just buying an A2 Bushmaster in .223 and leaving this piece alone? Craigs List. Go figure.
The only good thing about that rifle is the Daniel Defense lower parts kit.

I'd pass, especially for $850. I wouldn't touch the thing. You don't know how well the thing was assemble or what parts were used. These ARs are often referred to as "Bubba Guns" for a reason. Not saying assembling your own AR is bad but buying one is a crap shoot.

Also I would look for a Wylde chambered AR if you're wanting to target shoot for groups. I prefer 5.56 myself as I shoot for minute of man at closer distances in rapid fashion.

Recap: Avoid this firearm like the plague and get yourself something actually worth the $850 like a Spikes or BCM or save a little cash and get a PSA which is Mil-Spec and has so far proven itself well worth its already great price tag.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:43 PM   #69

Liked 62 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Here is a little different complete lower it is the Plum Crazy composite AR lower.
It is half the weight of aluminum lower & it was ready to go when I bought it.
I just snapped on the upper mounted my scope and went shooting.

At only $119.99 and $15 shipping it is hard to beat, and it comes with a lifetime warranty from manufacturing defects.
I have over 600rds through it without any problems.
Link;
London Bridge Firearms - Items

Old 08-26-2011, 04:25 AM   #70

Likes Given: 4

I'm sorry, but that Plum Crazy is just TOO cool!!