Pictures of lower receivers - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Pictures of lower receivers

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2011, 01:15 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Happy to say I got my stripped lower and got it all put together. I used a Armalite Lower with Rock River inner parts and standard mil.-spec. 6-position collapsible stock.

Here's how the Armalite lower looked when it arrived from the LGS:

Last edited by Snakedriver; 07-22-2011 at 01:50 AM.

Old 07-22-2011, 01:19 AM   #52

Liked 1004 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Nice looking lower, Snake! Would you paste in links to how it looked stripped too? (Since it does look better than the one I posted way back when.)

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 07-22-2011, 02:37 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakedriver View Post
Happy to say I got my stripped lower and got it all put together. I used a Armalite Lower with Rock River inner parts and standard mil.-spec. 6-position collapsible stock.

Here's how the Armalite lower looked when it arrived from the LGS:

When did Armalite start selling stripped lowers ... I wanted one a few years back and was told (and saw it in SGN) they only sell complete guns "so if it said Armalite, you know it is an Armalite" but I was able to buy an Eagle "by Armalite"

If you really want something, you'll find a way ...
... if you don't, you'll find an excuse.

kimberkid ... the user formerly known as skydriver.

Old 07-22-2011, 03:58 PM   #54

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberkid View Post
When did Armalite start selling stripped lowers ... I wanted one a few years back and was told (and saw it in SGN) they only sell complete guns "so if it said Armalite, you know it is an Armalite" but I was able to buy an Eagle "by Armalite"
Not sure when they started selling stripped lowers, but my LGS was able to give me a 1-week delivery on it at $120 OTD. The Armalite website shows their factory pricing for stripped lowers at $159 (without shipping or FFL fee), so I was real happy at the price I was able to get.

Old 07-22-2011, 08:09 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberkid View Post
They've been doing it at least four years. Like you said, before they only sold Eagle lowers. Since at least back to 2007 their complete rifles now have a white stamp on the front of the magwell to indicate it is a factory rifle.

Thanks for posting the extra pictures, Snakedriver!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 08-11-2011, 01:45 PM   #56

Was at my favorite LGS and saw this Valkyrie Arms lower and couldn't walk out without it. I'm not much in to zombies and skulls but liked this one. Was on sale for $100 so $106 out the door.

I understand it's made by JD Machine of San Diego.

Also picked up a Daniel Defense LPK, been wanting to try one out.

Valkyrie left

Valkyrie right

______

Last edited by Quentin; 08-11-2011 at 07:16 PM.

Old 08-11-2011, 02:47 PM   #57

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Nice, I like it too! Now tell the Firearms Talk Comminity how many AR's you have and then tell us what you're going to do to try and curb your urges.

Last edited by Snakedriver; 08-11-2011 at 02:54 PM.

Old 08-11-2011, 03:10 PM   #58

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I like that a lot Quentin. It has an edge to it yet its not overdone.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:30 PM   #59

Thanks guys, it looks good. Snake, I blame all this on MJ, he keeps buying stuff and we gotta keep up!

Anyway, the Valkyrie lower was on sale for $100 down from $135 so I thought it was an ok deal.

Not sure what I'm going to do now except build up the lower. I have an A2 stock and kit I've been wanting to play with so it'll go on this.

I put much of the Daniel Defense LPK in my S&W lower with the DD upper. Gotta say the milspec trigger is fairly crisp, though a little heavy. More than acceptable, better than most I've tried. The Stag parts from the S&W will go in the Valkyrie lower.

Funny, that S&W lower originally had a Del-Ton LPK that I later gave to my son-in-law but the pivot pin, BHO and trigger guard remain DTI. The magazine catch is Bushmaster, the selector and take down pin are Stag and the trigger group is DD. Quite a blend there but it works fine... and so does the same names blended in the SIL's lower.

No ideas on an upper at this moment but somehow the letters BCM keep drifting in and out of my mind.

(I went ahead and made a separate thread on this lower below...)

______

Last edited by Quentin; 08-11-2011 at 07:44 PM.

Old 08-11-2011, 07:36 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
I like that a lot Quentin. It has an edge to it yet its not overdone.
Well said! I couldn't quite put my finger on it before but that's exactly how I feel about it, MJ. It's real easy to go too far but this isn't overdone.

And my wife's name is Val so that didn't hurt either.

______