Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Pics of the twins (Fraternal not Identical)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 09:03 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Pics of the twins (Fraternal not Identical)

Getting closer to calling these things done. The RRA mid length needs a better rear BUIS and I will call it done.

The STAG needs a CTR or a MOE rear stock so I can get the same checkweld on both rifles. The CAA saddle has held it's own, but I'd rather have the same on both.

16" Mid length about 98% complete

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-08-2008, 09:03 PM   #2

14.5" (welded muzzle break for 16") with a few minor upgrades, about 90% complete:

Old 09-08-2008, 10:40 PM   #3

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3474 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Looks like you got a couple of nice ones there. I assume they are both chambered for 5.56?

I entertained putting the CTR, or the PRS, on my current build, but in the interest of keeping the overall cost down since the barrel is going to be pricey, I went with the standard GI A2. How do you like the CTR? How's the lock up on the adjustable?

That's the problem with these damn things, they are so easy to build, you do one, and then you are hooked and they start to multiply.

JD

Old 09-09-2008, 02:00 AM   #4

I was skeptical about them, but I love that stock. Lock up is firm. You lock it in and give the back a tap or just pull it up to your shoulder and it is solid.