Picking A Stripped Lower - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Picking A Stripped Lower

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2012, 06:23 AM   #11
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8812 Times on 5096 Posts
Likes Given: 11483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
You live in CA so there's a lot of stuff you can't legally have. As far as the feds I really can't say for sure but there's a reason we average types can't buy full auto trigger parts like the sear, disconnector, hammer, selector, etc. I'd look at pictures of those parts from an M16 and see if you have them. You really shouldn't own them and probably don't because you'd expect they stayed in the auto lower. Again I don't know for sure but you need to find out what you have. As far as the new S&W lower, put a standard semiauto LPK in it and that will be good. The upper should be good too even if it does have the M16 BCG, no one worries much about that. In fact many of us want them for the extra carrier mass.
I have been looking at the pictures of parts and all and so far I haven't found anything that needs a torch to melt it down 'cause that's what would happen. As far as I am aware he had an HBAR lower, at least that is what I remember him telling me.

The local gun store sells an M&P for nearly $400. That seems excessive to me.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 30 Times on 26 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

I have been looking at the pictures of parts and all and so far I haven't found anything that needs a torch to melt it down 'cause that's what would happen. As far as I am aware he had an HBAR lower, at least that is what I remember him telling me.

The local gun store sells an M&P for nearly $400. That seems excessive to me.
$400 for the lower, or the entire rifle?

Old 03-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

My bets on a complete lower.

You can build one for under $300 Vikingdad. Get a stripped lower for about $100, lower parts kit for about $50, and a complete buffer tube and butt stock for about $60 to $100 (depending on what kind of stock you want this can go up to $300). On the low side this is about $200 before taxes, shipping and dros.

BUT you should already have the buffer tube, end plate, castle nut, buffer and spring, and maybe even the butstock do you can save even more. You may only need the lower receiver and lower parts kit.

To stay legal and read up on all the gun laws in Cali, I highly recommend visiting, www.calguns.net. Its a great resource for all of us that live in Kommiefornia. There is also a sticky at the top of the centerfire rifle forums that has all the local gun shops and ffls on a map.