Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > picked up a new training tool!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 11:49 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default picked up a new training tool!

Picked up a s&w m&p 15-22 last night for a cheap trainer
Its gonna be nice not burning through all my 5.56 rounds in order to further my skills with the ar platform, hell ill even get some malfunction clearing drills in as well since my BCM refuses to malfunction

forumrunner_20120229_184725.jpg  

"If guns kill people then does that mean the spoon is the reason Rosie O'Donnell is fat"

"Guns don't kill people.......People kill people"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-01-2012, 12:32 AM   #2

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Congrats. As far as malfunctions as the old saying goes tap, rack, bang. Tap the magazine, rack the charging handle, attempt to fire. Don't worry it hardly works.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:41 AM   #3

Liked 972 Times on 683 Posts
Likes Given: 972

Nice, ZombieKiller83! There've been some good prices on the 15-22 lately so you're smart to jump on it. I like going with a complete gun instead of a .22lr upper or conversion kit. This way you've got another complete rifle for about the cost of an upper.

If you want malfunctions try Remington Golden Bullet. My Colt M4 22lr has a few FTFs per 30rd magazine and I've heard the S&W doesn't like it either. Federal Value Pack works great in both the S&W and Colt. These things are fun little ARs!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:22 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Nice, ZombieKiller83! There've been some good prices on the 15-22 lately so you're smart to jump on it. I like going with a complete gun instead of a .22lr upper or conversion kit. This way you've got another complete rifle for about the cost of an upper.

If you want malfunctions try Remington Golden Bullet. My Colt M4 22lr has a few FTFs per 30rd magazine and I've heard the S&W doesn't like it either. Federal Value Pack works great in both the S&W and Colt. These things are fun little ARs!
You know they showed me the Colt and i absolutely loved it right up until i operated the safety . Don't know why they went with the 180 degree safety but other than that it seemed like a real solid platform. I had one rule and one rule only, had to 100% mimic the controls of my ar i.e. 90 degree safety, bolt catch and charging handle. Definately liking the fact that i can swap out the FCG on the Smithy . Don't know how durable that polymer hammer can be but with a lifetime warranty i suppose i could run it with zero worries. Can't wait to touch 1000 rds off and not feel guilty about it

"If guns kill people then does that mean the spoon is the reason Rosie O'Donnell is fat"

"Guns don't kill people.......People kill people"

Old 03-01-2012, 03:39 AM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

It's the best 22 AR I've shot.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 03-01-2012, 05:41 PM   #6

Liked 972 Times on 683 Posts
Likes Given: 972

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombieKiller83 View Post
You know they showed me the Colt and i absolutely loved it right up until i operated the safety . Don't know why they went with the 180 degree safety but other than that it seemed like a real solid platform. I had one rule and one rule only, had to 100% mimic the controls of my ar i.e. 90 degree safety, bolt catch and charging handle. Definately liking the fact that i can swap out the FCG on the Smithy . Don't know how durable that polymer hammer can be but with a lifetime warranty i suppose i could run it with zero worries. Can't wait to touch 1000 rds off and not feel guilty about it
Yeah there are a few things about the Colt I don't like but I liked that it had exactly the same heft of a real M4 and the pony rollmark, even though it's actually made by Walther. The Colt .22lr looks and feels like an M4 where the S&W operates more like one. I wouldn't pay $100 more for the Colt but did find one for $450 just $50 more than the basic Smith.

Either one is a LOT of fun though!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 03-01-2012, 11:09 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Congrats on the new M&P .. I have the same one and love it !!! They are so quiet you can almost shoot without hearing protection. And how can you beat shooting all day for $20 bucks.