Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Parts Manufacturer Questions (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/parts-manufacturer-questions-42355/)

Benning Boy 05-11-2011 03:08 PM

Parts Manufacturer Questions

What does anybody know about:

Stag components

Yankee Hill Machine Company

I'm looking to build......:eek:

Jpyle 05-11-2011 03:12 PM

I used a YHM lower in my build. Was pleased with the quality of the machine work and the fit and finish. I hear they also produce quality foreends, rails and BUIS.

Dillinger 05-11-2011 04:10 PM

YHM has always treated us well. The make great stuff, but their prices have risen in the past few years and they are no longer the diamond in the rough they used to be.

Stag has been a decent, middle tier manufacturer for a long time. I would not look at purchasing a complete gun from them personally, but for an upper or lower they would be a fine choice.

What are your plans, My Friend?

Benning Boy 05-11-2011 04:24 PM

I'm a rifle lefty, so a Stag upper seemed cool, although I've never had issues beyond the rare piece of brass down the shirt.

I thought about doing this as cheaply as possible, but then I figured I should do it right one time.

I got an azzload of brochures at the convention, but the choices are pretty overwhelming, and nobody puts in their own brochure "We specialize in shoddy craftsmanship!"

diggsbakes 05-12-2011 12:13 AM

Right on! I'm a lefty also, but actually prefer a RH upper. I've gotten used to it along with AKs and like having access/direct-view to the chamber in case of malfunctions.

I've had so much fun with this rifle platform, its awesome. . .

Good Luck!

dog2000tj 05-12-2011 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 502515)
I would not look at purchasing a complete gun from them personally, but for an upper or lower they would be a fine choice.

SNOB!!! :p

Benning, take a look at my build. I went with a STAG lower build and a complete upper. For a range, plinking, SHTF Zombie rifle I am very happy. I added a CAA stock and a Samson free float quad rail. Next upgrade would probably be a quality FA bolt carrier group. Although I do like the RRA 2 stage trigger for what I want to do with this rifle I am going to change out to a single stage trigger, maybe a tuned factory STAG trigger.

NitroxAZ 05-12-2011 01:26 AM

YHM are solid IMHO.

Check Quentin Defense. My step son is a rifle lefty also and is going with one of their lefty's. The only issue with it is that the lefty doesn't have a forward assist.

Dillinger 05-12-2011 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 502819)
SNOB!!! :p

Negative. Look at all you have done with your rifle. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dog2000tj (Post 502819)
I went with a STAG lower build and a complete upper. For a range, plinking, SHTF Zombie rifle I am very happy. I added a CAA stock and a Samson free float quad rail. Next upgrade would probably be a quality FA bolt carrier group. Although I do like the RRA 2 stage trigger for what I want to do with this rifle I am going to change out to a single stage trigger, maybe a tuned factory STAG trigger.

Sooooooo? No longer stock then...... :rolleyes:

JD

c3shooter 05-12-2011 02:17 AM

YHM makes some decent cans.

If ur a lefty, why not just epoxy a scope to the bottom of a magazine, and turn the rifle upside down? :p

dog2000tj 05-12-2011 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 502929)
Negative. Look at all you have done with your rifle. ;)

Sooooooo? No longer stock then...... :rolleyes:

JD

Pay close attention to the :08 mark ;)