Palmetto State Armory shipping
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Palmetto State Armory shipping

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 12:34 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Palmetto State Armory shipping

Anyone else have problems with shipping times? Placed 2 orders a week ago. One with a stripped lower, which stated it may take up to 10 days to ship. I'm ok with that because of the notice. But my second order was just a bunch of parts for a build that were "in stock". I'm sure they have a lot of orders but this is unacceptable. I could have drove out there and picked them up myself by now. Love their product, but they're making me want to spend my money somewhere else.

Shoot straight and god bless

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-12-2014, 12:50 AM   #2

Liked 224 Times on 148 Posts

No surprise. Even with "in stock" items don't expect any faster than 2-3 weeks. It's the only thing I hate about PSA.

You should get an email telling you that a shipping label has been created. Even after that it can be a few days before UPS actually picks up the shipment. Just how they do business.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

Old 03-12-2014, 12:51 AM   #3

Liked 65 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welderman30 View Post
Anyone else have problems with shipping times? Placed 2 orders a week ago. One with a stripped lower, which stated it may take up to 10 days to ship. I'm ok with that because of the notice. But my second order was just a bunch of parts for a build that were "in stock". I'm sure they have a lot of orders but this is unacceptable. I could have drove out there and picked them up myself by now. Love their product, but they're making me want to spend my money somewhere else.

Funny you mentioned this. I placed my first order with them 6 days ago for ammo. My status is still "processing", with no shipping indication yet. Midway, SGAmmo, Brownells, Sportsman, and others all ship items listed in stock within a day or two.

I've seen lots of people on here speak highly of Palmetto.......I'm not impressed based on my first order.

Mossberg 590A1
Centurian C39 AK pistol
Sig 226
SA xdm 45 compact
H&K USP .40
Sig 938 Extreme
SA 1911 SS Loaded Model
Sig 716 Patrol .308

Old 03-12-2014, 01:08 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 258 Times on 203 Posts
Likes Given: 36

If you order products from PSA, you will probably have them in hand in 5-35 days. And yes, the span really can be that extreme. And it's always difficult to project where you'll land within that spectum. Sometimes they're not marked as 'shipped', and they suddenly show up. They have a buncha my money. I never know whether my product will arrive next week or next month. But it does always show up.

They seem to be a small company in the process of getting a lot bigger. Sometimes they struggle to deliver in a timely manner. You will get your product, and it'll be good. Extremely good for the money. It's up to the consumer to decide if PSA's great quality/price is enough to compensate for what can be a slow delivery time. I buy from them a lot. I generally don't need these products to arrive in 3-5 days, so it works out fine.

If you want a great product at a fair price, BCM tends to deliver in 3-6 business days. Their products are excellent. They will be more expensive than PSA, but are often of slightly higher grade in my opinion. I happily deal with both companies and would suggest either to anyone I care for.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:18 AM   #5

I've gotten a few things from them including a complete upper about a month ago. Defiantly one of the best bangs for your buck. Ordered from Brownells on Saturday and it's already shipping. They either need to hire more people if they are that overwhelmed with orders. Nothing but good things to say about their product, but this is annoying.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:44 AM   #6

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts

Recently. At 7 days I called with a wtf type question. They asked if I had my FFL send his license, I told them that my FFL had his info on file. They said that they moved warehouses and that all FFL info needed to be resent. He sent it within 2 days I had tracking info.

Old 03-12-2014, 01:48 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 231 Times on 199 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Ordered ammo from them on the 2/26/14, shipped out on 3/6/14. Approximate delivery is this friday, 3/14/14.
They are well known for slow shipping but they WILL ship your orders. I don't mind as they have deals and the prices are hard to beat.. mostly

Old 03-12-2014, 03:03 AM   #8
I want either less corruption or more opportunity to participate in it.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 996 Times on 509 Posts
Likes Given: 708

Yep. Just had a simple ammo order I received last week - about 18 business days after I ordered it. Pissed because I really needed it in about 10 business days.

I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information.
- Bill Watterson, "Calvin", It's a Magical World

Old 03-12-2014, 05:27 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 165 Times on 112 Posts
Likes Given: 48

I bought an upper and got it in 10 days. If you read the fine print it says it could at least take 14 days because they build stuff to order.
It also says they may print a shipping label the day of the order but that does not mean it ships right away. They will update the shipping info when they actually ship it out.
I have had great experience with their shipping times

Old 03-12-2014, 08:50 AM   #10

Liked 224 Times on 148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ams556 View Post
Recently. At 7 days I called with a wtf type question. They asked if I had my FFL send his license, I told them that my FFL had his info on file. They said that they moved warehouses and that all FFL info needed to be resent. He sent it within 2 days I had tracking info.
Yea, some people actually got an email letting them know to update their FFL info. Others obviously didn't. Pretty random stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk