Palmetto State Armory, quality and customer service
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Palmetto State Armory, quality and customer service

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Palmetto State Armory, quality and customer service

I recently built an AR-15 with my dad, using a PSA lower. After completing the lower, we spent some time shopping around kfor an upper, and decided on the PSA carbine length 16" upper. After ordering, we got the email confirmation for shipping, and not but a day later got a phone call from PSA.

Apparently, they had a computer glich that caused them to show they stocked the carbine length, when they were actually sold out. So, they gave us a free upgrade to mid-length as compensation for their error!

Now for the quality: The M4 feedramps are beautiful. The same quality or better than I've seen in pictures of much higher dollar ARs. The gas key bolts are properly staked. The fit and finish are excellent.

So in summation, if you are considering PSA, I don't think you can go wrong. Between exceptional quality and great customer service, PSA is headed the right direction.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #2

Thanks for sharing. Been considering PSA for a while now along with Spikes and BCM. The more people who report positive things about PSA, the more I'm leaning that way. Hard to beat the price point.

-- boomenshutzen

"If some monster tries to rape or murder a woman I care about, I don’t want him to see the flickering light of a candle. I want him to see a muzzle flash, from the front." -- Massad Ayoob

Old 01-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #3

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

My first AR which I got a few days before christmas was a PSA 16" carbine. Shoots great, no issues,finish is flawless on this gun . I liked it enough I picked up one of their $49 stripped lowers, I was going to build a AR pistol but after getting the chance to shoot my buddies I changed my mind. Last night I ended up ordering a PSA 16" upper in black MOE .
Cant wait to get it all here so I can get it put together .
This ones going to have a scope on it w/ MBUS. My other is the standard 16" M4 carbine with a red dot w/ MBUS.
PSA is making some great stuff for your money. Don't freak out on delays it took me 15 days to get mine. They are simply swamped with order but worth the wait

Last edited by purehavoc; 01-01-2012 at 07:16 PM.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #4

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Pics or it didn't happen..... :P

Old 01-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
My first AR which I got a few days before christmas was a PSA 16" carbine. Shoots great, no issues,finish is flawless on this gun . I liked it enough I picked up one of their $49 stripped lowers, I was going to build a AR pistol but after getting the chance to shoot my buddies I changed my mind. Last night I ended up ordering a PSA 16" upper in black MOE .
Cant wait to get it all here so I can get it put together .
This ones going to have a scope on it w/ MBUS. My other is the standard 16" M4 carbine with a red dot w/ MBUS.
PSA is making some great stuff for your money. Don't freak out on delays it took me 15 days to get mine. They are simply swamped with order but worth the wait

Oh man he's got it real bad.....nurse get me another stripped lower STAT!

Old 01-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #6

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
Pics or it didn't happen..... :P
All I got is a receipt for both right now. LOL . lowers won't ship til the 15th and my upper was in stock so hopefully that will show up soon . Yeah I got it bad .
After this one I gotta chill for a bit but I will still be rat holing ammo like no other

Old 01-01-2012, 08:43 PM   #7

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Just did some shopping on their site, not buying anything, but I really like the way you can pretty much build exactly what you want (assuming the parts are in stock) in the "shopping cart" I was able to throw all the parts together that I would want in an AR (minus the buffer spring) for $704. Now, if only I wanted an AR bad enough to snatch it up.

I see this disease the rest of you AR guys have, I was fond of the M series I was issued in the service, but I don't want to end up selling the clothes off my back at the nearest street corner to afford more AR stuff!!!

Why doesn't PSA stock a regular A2 rifle (not carbine) buffer spring? Or is the carbine spring the same?

BTW, if anyone's curious, my build would be as close to the M16A2 as I could get, with just a few changes. PSA doesn't have in stock right now the exact upper I would want at this moment.

Old 01-02-2012, 01:59 AM   #8

Here's a pic of the final product, sans optic. We'll be adding a Nikon Prostaff the next time we can actually make it to a range to sight in. For today, we swung up to the mountains and spent the afternoon having some recoil therapy. It shot great, just like you would expect.

Old 01-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #9

Very Niiiiiice

Gratz man!

whatta way to ring in the new year!

Old 01-03-2012, 10:46 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
whatta way to ring in the new year!