Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Palmetto state armory messing up (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/palmetto-state-armory-messing-up-100329/)

cmb2327 11-14-2013 04:18 PM

Palmetto state armory messing up

I have made at least 5 orders from them great experience this last one I ordered 1 week and 4 days ago. No emails other than order conformation and they have taken the money from my account. I really like the business so far. I don't know how to feel.

texaswoodworker 11-14-2013 04:25 PM

Have you tried calling them? I've had nothing but good experiences with them.

cmb2327 11-14-2013 04:37 PM

I sent an email last Thursday. They said it would ship beginning of this week. I hate being really pushy. But it just upsets me that they charged me already. I ordered something that was a daily deal for 149 it came back on a daily deal yest for 139 what sucks too

Sniper03 11-14-2013 04:37 PM

I am not trying in anyway to be sarcastic. But what is the problem? Most manufacturers and suppliers are very busy and a week, two, or three is nothing as far as receiving delivery of a product. And especially if it is in high demand. But I have never heard of anything but good things about them. It will be worth waiting for I am sure!

Quentin 11-14-2013 04:47 PM

And as far as a price match, you may get that at your local Best Buy but it's rare at an online gun store. You buy something, you take your chances like the rest of us. And no doubt someone else got it cheaper. It's life, no need to get upset.

cmb2327 11-14-2013 04:54 PM

It is the same website that had it on sale 5days later. I wasn't complaining about that. I took that as they should have plenty in stock to have sent mine out. They told me they would ship it the beginning of this week. I have nothing but good things to say about them. But if they are going to wait to ship it they should have not charged me.

Yunus 11-14-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmb2327 (Post 1431434)
It is the same website that had it on sale 5days later. I wasn't complaining about that. I took that as they should have plenty in stock to have sent mine out. They told me they would ship it the beginning of this week. I have nothing but good things to say about them. But if they are going to wait to ship it they should have not charged me.

I would agree that if a website lowers their own price and hasn't shipped your purchase you deserve the lower price. Have you considered returning your purchase and rebuying it or if you really are annoyed return it and go elsewhere.

sweeper22 11-15-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmb2327 (Post 1431419)
I have made at least 5 orders from them great experience this last one I ordered 1 week and 4 days ago. No emails other than order conformation and they have taken the money from my account. I really like the business so far. I don't know how to feel.

I've dealt with PSA a bunch (probably $7-10K this year...20+ personal orders, not commercial). Their prices are amazing and quality is outstanding considering the price. But in many cases you may wait a month to see your order. That's just sort of the way it is, take it or leave it. It works okay for me. I think they're a highly popular brand that is currently 'in flux'...sorting out their business size/model/staffing to meet fluctuating demands...which was only complicated by the December-March fiasco.

I like 'em. They've screwed up on one order of mine, but quickly remedied it after I sent them an email.

Anytime I buy from PSA, I simply accept that my product may show up in 7 days, and maybe in 27 days. You can get an equally good product (often better) from BCM, and it'll be at your door inside of 4 days. But you'll pay a bit more.

texaswoodworker 11-15-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweeper22 (Post 1431774)
I've dealt with PSA a bunch (probably $7-10K this year...20+ personal orders, not commercial). Their prices are amazing and quality is outstanding considering the price. But in many cases you may wait a month to see your order. That's just sort of the way it is, take it or leave it. It works okay for me. I think they're a highly popular brand that is currently 'in flux'...sorting out their business size/model/staffing to meet fluctuating demands...which was only complicated by the December-March fiasco.

I like 'em. They've screwed up on one order of mine, but quickly remedied it after I sent them an email.

Anytime I buy from PSA, I simply accept that my product may show up in 7 days, and maybe in 27 days. You can get an equally good product (often better) from BCM, and it'll be at your door inside of 4 days. But you'll pay a bit more.

^ This. When it comes to ordering stuff for guns, you might as well expect a wait. While the bulk of the panic is over, shops are still dealing with the after math. I haven't seen a box of .22 LR since last year. (Seriously? WTF?) This is probably why I keep putting off buying a .22. Anything else I can at least reload for.

Ibmikey 11-15-2013 01:10 PM

Like Sweeper I have spent many thousands with Palmetto, they are currently in a selling frenzy to clear the current warehouse so they have less to move. I have found upper orders take two or three weeks to ship where small stuff and ammo about two weeks. They get their money immediately but I know of no one who got "stiffed". Be patient the product you receive will be super quality and make you smile.
Also the one incorrect upper sent to me was sent back at their expense and the correct one in the mail just as soon as the return number was posted...and CS was super nice and apologetic.