Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Palmetto State Armory

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2011, 07:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Palmetto State Armory

Hey guys havent been around in a while but need yalls thoughts on something. Me and a buddy of mine ordered 2 stripped lowers from Palmetto State Armory during the black friday sale they were 49 bucks. Got our ffl to email them monday with a copy of his ffl but havent heard from them as far as a email in reference to them being shipped. Tried to call them today on 2 different numbers and was reffered to a email address. Sent out a email and waiting for a return. Have seen good comments on this company on here and other places. Is this normal. Has anyone else had this problem. I may be jumping the gun but have never ordered from them before and was just concerned. Thanks for any comment.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-30-2011, 07:54 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

It might be a bit too soon to worry about it. Give it another five days. What with the holidays and all.

Old 11-30-2011, 08:03 PM   #3

Yeah, I bet they sold about a bazillion lowers so they're probably gonna be a little longer on getting them all shipped out.

-Fred

"Breathe when you can, shoot when you should."
-Rob Leatham

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"Qui desiderat pacem, bellum praeparat; nemo provocare ne offendere audet quem intelliget superiorem esse pugnaturem"

Old 11-30-2011, 09:20 PM   #4

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Generally when they have a sale on their lowers, they get a massive amount of orders and it sets them back a bit. I have had three previous orders with no problems, and I ordered again this sale. I have not heard anything yet and my FFl is already on file with them.

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:32 PM   #5

Liked 924 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 899

PSA is a reputable company so I wouldn't worry now. Good advice above, give 'em time... With Black Friday and no doubt lots of orders they're likely swamped. This happened last year when Smartgunner.com got buried with orders for Daniel Defense components at previously unheard of prices. Some people panicked and canceled orders but those of us who hung in there got amazing prices.

Grammar Nazi time, does the first line below bother you guys as much as it bothers me? Like chalk screeching on a blackboard to me!

"Me and a buddy of mine ordered" vs.
"A buddy and I ordered"

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 11-30-2011, 11:32 PM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Oh Quentin, lol

Old 11-30-2011, 11:55 PM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks guys, i know i haven't heard anything bad about them. We built a 16" carbine for him about a month ago and it turned out very well. We used a Del-Ton parts kit and a Essential arms lower. Just got a call fron my buddy and they emailed him and its what everyone they arw backed up. He said he was told they recieved over 700 orders this weekend. Thanks again for the help and sorry for the bad grammer just a ole country boy here.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:18 AM   #8

Likes Given: 4

Don't panic. I ordered a $49 lower and then an upper later. Both took a couple weeks (maybe a bit more), but worth the wait. They are busier than one arms paper hangers over there. You'll be happy as hell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael a View Post
Hey guys havent been around in a while but need yalls thoughts on something. Me and a buddy of mine ordered 2 stripped lowers from Palmetto State Armory during the black friday sale they were 49 bucks. Got our ffl to email them monday with a copy of his ffl but havent heard from them as far as a email in reference to them being shipped. Tried to call them today on 2 different numbers and was reffered to a email address. Sent out a email and waiting for a return. Have seen good comments on this company on here and other places. Is this normal. Has anyone else had this problem. I may be jumping the gun but have never ordered from them before and was just concerned. Thanks for any comment.
Built AR-15, 5.56 & .300 AAC Blackout tops
Yugoslavian AK-47
Remington 1100 Tactical Shotgun
Remington 1100 Shotgun
Crosman 760 pump gun <smirk>
M1 Garand .30-06
M1903 Springfield Sporter .30-06
Sig Sauer P250 Sub Compact 9mm
Sig Sauer TacOps 1911

Old 12-01-2011, 12:22 AM   #9

Likes Given: 4

Hahaha! My with is from So. Dakota. Her dangling participial utilization drives me to drink (see avatar):

"I'm going to the store - want to come with?"

I'm like with... ??? With what??? ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Grammar Nazi time, does the first line below bother you guys as much as it bothers me? Like chalk screeching on a blackboard to me!

"Me and a buddy of mine ordered" vs.
"A buddy and I ordered"
Built AR-15, 5.56 & .300 AAC Blackout tops
Yugoslavian AK-47
Remington 1100 Tactical Shotgun
Remington 1100 Shotgun
Crosman 760 pump gun <smirk>
M1 Garand .30-06
M1903 Springfield Sporter .30-06
Sig Sauer P250 Sub Compact 9mm
Sig Sauer TacOps 1911

Old 12-01-2011, 12:39 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks Jeff, cant wait. I hear ya on the with what i would be the same way.