Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Palmetto State Armory (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/palmetto-state-armory-52812/)

michael a 11-30-2011 07:50 PM

Palmetto State Armory

Hey guys havent been around in a while but need yalls thoughts on something. Me and a buddy of mine ordered 2 stripped lowers from Palmetto State Armory during the black friday sale they were 49 bucks. Got our ffl to email them monday with a copy of his ffl but havent heard from them as far as a email in reference to them being shipped. Tried to call them today on 2 different numbers and was reffered to a email address. Sent out a email and waiting for a return. Have seen good comments on this company on here and other places. Is this normal. Has anyone else had this problem. I may be jumping the gun but have never ordered from them before and was just concerned. Thanks for any comment.

PanBaccha 11-30-2011 07:54 PM

It might be a bit too soon to worry about it. Give it another five days. What with the holidays and all.

FCross7 11-30-2011 08:03 PM

Yeah, I bet they sold about a bazillion lowers so they're probably gonna be a little longer on getting them all shipped out.

-Fred

Car54 11-30-2011 09:20 PM

Generally when they have a sale on their lowers, they get a massive amount of orders and it sets them back a bit. I have had three previous orders with no problems, and I ordered again this sale. I have not heard anything yet and my FFl is already on file with them.

Quentin 11-30-2011 09:32 PM

PSA is a reputable company so I wouldn't worry now. Good advice above, give 'em time... With Black Friday and no doubt lots of orders they're likely swamped. This happened last year when Smartgunner.com got buried with orders for Daniel Defense components at previously unheard of prices. Some people panicked and canceled orders but those of us who hung in there got amazing prices.

Grammar Nazi time, does the first line below bother you guys as much as it bothers me? Like chalk screeching on a blackboard to me! :D

"Me and a buddy of mine ordered" vs.
"A buddy and I ordered"

mjkeat 11-30-2011 11:32 PM

Oh Quentin, lol

michael a 11-30-2011 11:55 PM

Thanks guys, i know i haven't heard anything bad about them. We built a 16" carbine for him about a month ago and it turned out very well. We used a Del-Ton parts kit and a Essential arms lower. Just got a call fron my buddy and they emailed him and its what everyone they arw backed up. He said he was told they recieved over 700 orders this weekend. Thanks again for the help and sorry for the bad grammer just a ole country boy here.

JeffCooper 12-01-2011 12:18 AM

Don't panic. I ordered a $49 lower and then an upper later. Both took a couple weeks (maybe a bit more), but worth the wait. They are busier than one arms paper hangers over there. You'll be happy as hell!

Quote:

Originally Posted by michael a (Post 640248)
Hey guys havent been around in a while but need yalls thoughts on something. Me and a buddy of mine ordered 2 stripped lowers from Palmetto State Armory during the black friday sale they were 49 bucks. Got our ffl to email them monday with a copy of his ffl but havent heard from them as far as a email in reference to them being shipped. Tried to call them today on 2 different numbers and was reffered to a email address. Sent out a email and waiting for a return. Have seen good comments on this company on here and other places. Is this normal. Has anyone else had this problem. I may be jumping the gun but have never ordered from them before and was just concerned. Thanks for any comment.

JeffCooper 12-01-2011 12:22 AM

Hahaha! My with is from So. Dakota. Her dangling participial utilization drives me to drink (see avatar):

"I'm going to the store - want to come with?"

I'm like with... ??? With what??? ;-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quentin (Post 640314)
Grammar Nazi time, does the first line below bother you guys as much as it bothers me? Like chalk screeching on a blackboard to me! :D

"Me and a buddy of mine ordered" vs.
"A buddy and I ordered"

michael a 12-01-2011 12:39 AM

Thanks Jeff, cant wait. I hear ya on the with what i would be the same way.