Are p.s.a ar15s rifles good? Does anybody have a palmetto state armory ar rifle? - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Are p.s.a ar15s rifles good? Does anybody have a palmetto state armory ar rifle?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #41
fmj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
I'm glad PSA resolved the problem, fmj. And glad you like your rifle. It shouldn't have taken so many inquiries from you but once you got their attention they did the right thing. I had trouble getting their attention on an order missing some parts but they finally took care of it. This is an issue they need to address because like you said bad publicity won't do them good.

And as you said even the elite companies make mistakes. I had the same problem you did with my Daniel Defense upper except the FTE was less frequent. I ordered a BCM extractor kit which resolved the issue. I can't find anything wrong with the DD extractor so believe it was the spring like yours. I should have run this by DD but never did. It would have been interesting how they handled it, especially since I later read of similar problems with some DD extractor springs. Anyway, I kept the DD extractor, pitched the spring since I have plenty of BCM spares.

ETA:

One other thing on this fairly common problem. Often the company will ask if you have the O ring installed (the DD bolt did have one installed and I removed it). I don't like the idea of using one and suspected DD customer support would tell me to reinstall it. I wanted a permanent fix, not a bandaid.
Tough as it was to get their attention. It is NOTHING and i mean NOTHING compared to what i went thru with Taurus and that junk PT-145...You wont and have NEVER heard me say a good thing about that company or their junk and i take every opportunity (as this) to drag 'em thru the mud.

back to AR's:

This makes me wonder if most of the AR manufacturers get their ejector springs from the same company(s) or if its an in house thing. I would guess this is something they contract out and buy in large batches. Which leads me to wonder if the supplier had a bad run and sent out a couple bad batches, hence leading to this issue in more than one one type of AR out there.

With the huge run on the AR platform the past 5 years, its not inconcevable.

The O ring was suggested to me too at the machine gun shoot, but I as well wanted it FIXED not cobbled...especially considering the cost and newness of the rifle.

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Last edited by fmj; 12-06-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #42
fmj

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymatthew View Post
got an email back from psa today about my order. They've switched it over to in-store pickup at their warehouse storefront. I'm really looking forward to it and hope that the in-store pickup option will get in my hands a day or two earlier than if it were shipped.

good deal!!

Old 12-06-2012, 09:46 PM   #43

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Guys... this is hilarious but I was talking to my mom tonight and she asked if I got the "gun thing" she ordered for me (my parents paid for the upper for Christmas, I just placed the order so she hasn't got a clue in the world what I ordered other than the price). I told her it hadn't and that I wasn't sure when it would be here. She asked, "It'll be here by Christmas right?" I said, "Not sure. They're pretty backed up. Could be the week after or even the first of the year depending on how backed up they are." She said, "Aww! That's terrible. I'll have to go get you some ammo so you'll have something to open on Christmas!"

Such a tragedy... My birthday is in January. Maybe it'll still be on hold and I'll get something else so I'll have something to open that day, too. LOL!!!

I love moms.

Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Old 12-07-2012, 01:35 AM   #44

Liked 1004 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

My birthday's January too. Maybe she can send me some, too?

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

heymatthew Likes This 
Old 12-07-2012, 02:30 AM   #45

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I love my PSA. I bought a rifle kit from them and put it on a spikes stripped lower. Runs flawless. I recently bought a stripped lower and lol from them for my next build. This time they forgot to add a buffer in the lower build kit. Took a while to get through on the phone but once I did they had it shipped right out. There was also a snafu with shipping the lower to my ff. I gave my ff the address that was in the website link for ff but it was the wrong one. When I got hold of them they gave me the correct email and was resolved. Love PSA but my next upper will be a BCM because PSA doesn't sell the upper I want.

Old 12-07-2012, 02:56 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin
I'll see what I can do Quentin. LOL!
Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Old 12-07-2012, 10:13 AM   #47
fmj

Quote:
Guys... this is hilarious but I was talking to my mom tonight and she asked if I got the "gun thing" she ordered for me (my parents paid for the upper for Christmas, I just placed the order so she hasn't got a clue in the world what I ordered other than the price). I told her it hadn't and that I wasn't sure when it would be here. She asked, "It'll be here by Christmas right?" I said, "Not sure. They're pretty backed up. Could be the week after or even the first of the year depending on how backed up they are." She said, "Aww! That's terrible. I'll have to go get you some ammo so you'll have something to open on Christmas!"

Such a tragedy... My birthday is in January. Maybe it'll still be on hold and I'll get something else so I'll have something to open that day, too. LOL!!!

I love moms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
O O O O Me me me me I'm a Jan baby too, can i get in that gravy train?? I could use some .223!!

heymatthew Likes This 
Old 12-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
O O O O Me me me me I'm a Jan baby too, can i get in that gravy train?? I could use some .223!!
You guys are killin' me. At this rate, we'll be lucky to split a bulk pack of 22s! What is this? The soup kitchen line? You guys go get a job! LOL!

Old 12-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #49
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 775

Quote:
You guys are killin' me. At this rate, we'll be lucky to split a bulk pack of 22s! What is this? The soup kitchen line? You guys go get a job! LOL!
A heartless capitalist. Walking all over the less fortunate.

Occupy Ammo!

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 12-07-2012, 01:04 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottA View Post
A heartless capitalist. Walking all over the less fortunate.

Occupy Ammo!
I guess having a few thousand rounds "in the bank" makes me a 1%-er. FINALLY! I made it to the top!!!

SUCKERSSSSS!!!!

Okay. Sorry... I've run this train off the track. Sorry to the OP and the rest of you guys looking for decent information and not the ramblings of a madman.