Are p.s.a ar15s rifles good? Does anybody have a palmetto state armory ar rifle? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Are p.s.a ar15s rifles good? Does anybody have a palmetto state armory ar rifle?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

My father and mother in law were on vacation and they stopped in the Columbia facillity to pick up some goodies for me and they said 3 weeks ago they had a ton of built rifles in stock

Old 12-05-2012, 08:37 PM   #22

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by purehavoc View Post
My father and mother in law were on vacation and they stopped in the Columbia facillity to pick up some goodies for me and they said 3 weeks ago they had a ton of built rifles in stock
Yeah... Their warehouse/storefront that I visited a month or so ago was slammed full of built rifles. I didn't see any uppers laying around. I guess they could just pull an upper from a lower and sell it. I think with these specials they run, they just wait until the frenzy calms down and then get to building them.

I would think that they would go ahead and build 200 of them or so to get a head start on it. I don't know how many they sold the weekend of Black Friday, but a couple days after that, they had a big red warning up on their site that the lead times would be extended due to high volume.

Combine holiday shopping deals with the upcoming Christmas holiday and the presidential re-election and all of the gun makers are slammed. They'll all be balls-to-the-wall until February to catch up, I'm sure.

I'm hoping that my request for an in-store pickup will bump up my acquisition by a few days. Or months. Whichever.
Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Old 12-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #23

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

Thanks for the info on the PSA local market Matthew. Too bad there wasn't a way to will call at their storefront, it would have saved them and you time and money. Hope you get it soon without too much inconvenience. And definitely let us know how it goes plus what you think of the upper.

I've also got to say it's nice to see a young person who has the ability and takes the time to write clearly! Over a lifetime it does reward a person financially but sadly too many just don't get it.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Thanks for the info on the PSA local market Matthew. Too bad there wasn't a way to will call at their storefront, it would have saved them and you time and money. Hope you get it soon without too much inconvenience. And definitely let us know how it goes plus what you think of the upper.

I've also got to say it's nice to see a young person who has the ability and takes the time to write clearly! Over a lifetime it does reward a person financially but sadly too many just don't get it.
I actually haven't heard back on the will-call situation. The first number I called, which was the storefront/warehouse location (basically a giant warehouse with a small shop attached to the side of it), couldn't help me out, but did say that I could arrange an in-store pickup by calling their CS department at a different number. I called, but couldn't get through. I figured I'd be better off sending an email. Hopefully I'll intercept and have a chance to pick it up in-person. I'd like to pick up some extras to go with it and would love to do it all at once.

I appreciate your remarks regarding my ability to communicate clearly and effectively. My parents, more specifically, my mother, drilled it into my thick skull that proper communication was a vital key to success. I was taught early on that if you can't express your thoughts to someone in a concise, intelligent and respectful manner, then you may as well not even speak. Or, in this case, type. A lot of people find it repulsive and snobby. I'm glad you don't.

I will definitely keep you all posted on the build and the quality of the product when I get it, as well as a few photos for your viewing pleasure. So far, I'm pleased with all my dealings at PSA. People often complain that their customer service is horrible because of the long lead times. I happen to think that being backed up with orders is a far different animal than poor customer service. PSA is relatively forward with their processes and terms. They clearly state the conditions of sales, etc. on their website and in their stores. I'm happy to wait a little while for a high quality product at a low price. Especially since they're local to me and I'm helping out the local economy.

Stay tuned... I'll have that thing sooner or later and you guys will be the first to know it (maybe you can help me figure out how to break the news to the wife that I brought home another one...).
Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Old 12-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #25

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymatthew View Post
... I appreciate your remarks regarding my ability to communicate clearly and effectively. My parents, more specifically, my mother, drilled it into my thick skull that proper communication was a vital key to success. I was taught early on that if you can't express your thoughts to someone in a concise, intelligent and respectful manner, then you may as well not even speak. Or, in this case, type. A lot of people find it repulsive and snobby. I'm glad you don't.
That is worthy of a forum sticky! And your mom is a gem!

Quote:
... So far, I'm pleased with all my dealings at PSA. People often complain that their customer service is horrible because of the long lead times. I happen to think that being backed up with orders is a far different animal than poor customer service. PSA is relatively forward with their processes and terms. They clearly state the conditions of sales, etc. on their website and in their stores. I'm happy to wait a little while for a high quality product at a low price. Especially since they're local to me and I'm helping out the local economy...
I think you'll be pleased. I've placed four orders at PSA (including a barreled upper) over the last year or so and have nothing but praise for their quality at an excellent price. One order did arrive short some parts but after a couple calls PSA did make it right. As you say with the sheer volume of sales, problems will arise and how they handle them define CS.

Definitely start a build thread when you're ready. We love them around here!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Last edited by Quentin; 12-05-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Old 12-06-2012, 02:49 AM   #26

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

It is nice to see a full post/thread dedicated to PSA. Allot of good info here for a great product.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:06 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindle1225 View Post
It is nice to see a full post/thread dedicated to PSA. Allot of good info here for a great product.
Agreed... Hopefully I didn't derail it too much. Hoping to hear others' thoughts on the PSA stuff!

Old 12-06-2012, 03:54 AM   #28
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by heymatthew View Post
I actually haven't heard back on the will-call situation. The first number I called, which was the storefront/warehouse location (basically a giant warehouse with a small shop attached to the side of it), couldn't help me out, but did say that I could arrange an in-store pickup by calling their CS department at a different number. I called, but couldn't get through. I figured I'd be better off sending an email. Hopefully I'll intercept and have a chance to pick it up in-person. I'd like to pick up some extras to go with it and would love to do it all at once.

I appreciate your remarks regarding my ability to communicate clearly and effectively. My parents, more specifically, my mother, drilled it into my thick skull that proper communication was a vital key to success. I was taught early on that if you can't express your thoughts to someone in a concise, intelligent and respectful manner, then you may as well not even speak. Or, in this case, type. A lot of people find it repulsive and snobby. I'm glad you don't.

I will definitely keep you all posted on the build and the quality of the product when I get it, as well as a few photos for your viewing pleasure. So far, I'm pleased with all my dealings at PSA. People often complain that their customer service is horrible because of the long lead times. I happen to think that being backed up with orders is a far different animal than poor customer service. PSA is relatively forward with their processes and terms. They clearly state the conditions of sales, etc. on their website and in their stores. I'm happy to wait a little while for a high quality product at a low price. Especially since they're local to me and I'm helping out the local economy.

Stay tuned... I'll have that thing sooner or later and you guys will be the first to know it (maybe you can help me figure out how to break the news to the wife that I brought home another one...).
I have had the same issues with the customer service dept. you have had dealing with PSA. That being typed, once i got thru to them, they were top notch rectifying the issue.

Cudos to your momma for getting thru to you...mine tried. As any around here that have read my ramblings will tell you...she failed miserably. BUT thats my fault not hers...she did her best! (hell, i am still alive to tell the tale)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
That is worthy of a forum sticky! And your mom is a gem!

I think you'll be pleased. I've placed four orders at PSA (including a barreled upper) over the last year or so and have nothing but praise for their quality at an excellent price. One order did arrive short some parts but after a couple calls PSA did make it right. As you say with the sheer volume of sales, problems will arise and how they handle them define CS.

Definitely start a build thread when you're ready. We love them around here!
This is the way i am looking (and responding) to any and all unfavorable PSA comments i come across.

I respond to it as "GROWING PAINS. This company is producing a top notch product for a bargain basement price! What do you expect?"

It was Quentins (in part) advice that made up my mind to go with PSA when i dove into the AR "evil assault weapon/black gun" world. With the small issue i had with my M4 and slight trouble with customer service, i am more than happy with my gun.

The issue i had PSA made it right ASAP!

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!
heymatthew Likes This 
Old 12-06-2012, 04:06 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmj View Post
I have had the same issues with the customer service dept. you have had dealing with PSA. That being typed, once i got thru to them, they were top notch rectifying the issue.

Cudos to your momma for getting thru to you...mine tried. As any around here that have read my ramblings will tell you...she failed miserably. BUT thats my fault not hers...she did her best! (hell, i am still alive to tell the tale)

This is the way i am looking (and responding) to any and all unfavorable PSA comments i come across.

I respond to it as "GROWING PAINS. This company is producing a top notch product for a bargain basement price! What do you expect?"

It was Quentins (in part) advice that made up my mind to go with PSA when i dove into the AR "evil assault weapon/black gun" world. With the small issue i had with my M4 and slight trouble with customer service, i am more than happy with my gun.

The issue i had PSA made it right ASAP!
Seems like you're doing well to me! I understood everything you said.

Glad to hear that PSA delivered on your products and made right anything that was wrong. Fortunately for me, I live a short drive from them and I can deal with any issues in-person. I would have gone over there on Black Friday or the weekend after and just bought what I wanted in-person, but I was out of town for the weekend with my folks so I couldn't get there. Thus my trying to change an internet order to an in-person pickup.

I know they got slammed that weekend so I'm not expecting any miracles. And it's been close to 10 business days so there's a chance it's too late to stop the machine, but if there's a way, I'm sure they'll find it and let me know. Otherwise, I'll be at the mercy of UPS (which is an different rant entirely).

"Growing Pains" is a great way to put it. They'll learn eventually what kind of volume they do on the big sale weekends and pre-build this stuff. They're a pretty small operation and their warehouse, while pretty large, isn't hundreds of acres like Amazon.com or something. Buying 10,000 pre-assembled uppers and storing them could cause a logistical nightmare for those guys and you'd be lucky if they ever found what you ordered. I think eventually, it would be nice if they pre-built X number of sale item and did a first come, first served deal. If you're within the number of pre-builds, your item ships within a couple of days. Otherwise, you wait for the build. This would cut down on extended lead times while getting early adopters their products quicker. I'm sure they're working on it though. I'm just glad they're close by so I have the option to deal in-person.

Keep bringing good thoughts on the PSA stuff our way. I love to hear it as it just reinforces my excitement for the stuff I ordered from them.

Also, if you don't mind me asking, what was your issue with them? I don't want this to turn into a PSA-bash-fest, but I'd be interested in knowing the scope of the problem you had as well as their steps to make it right.

Old 12-06-2012, 04:30 AM   #30
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2334 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 842

I have a PSA upper on my carbine. My only complaint is they didn't have a 1:9 barrel in stock when I ordered, so I went with the faster 1:7 twist. Other than that, it's been great.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA