Are p.s.a ar15s rifles good? Does anybody have a palmetto state armory ar rifle? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Are p.s.a ar15s rifles good? Does anybody have a palmetto state armory ar rifle?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 06:32 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1069 Times on 752 Posts
Likes Given: 1073

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeperSC View Post
... when I buy a gun I want quality. Because I plan to have my guns forever! So I dont mind spending the extra $300 on a Colt and Bushmaster thats proven great. However im looking in to PSAs...
No way would I pay $300 more for a Bushmaster. Scutinize them more, the Colt is worth more, the BM is not. PSA is an excellent choice too and a bargain.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

People Like This 
Old 12-05-2012, 11:45 AM   #12

Liked 1133 Times on 737 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
No way would I pay $300 more for a Bushmaster. Scutinize them more, the Colt is worth more, the BM is not. PSA is an excellent choice too and a bargain.
I was in a small shop today that had a BM M4 look alike priced at $1280.00. The lady behind the counter said they had had it a while but it was new. Thought to myself pricing that at about $850-900 might help. Maybe.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #13
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Overall i am happy with my PSA M-4

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 12-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #14

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I have a psa lower on my rifle and fit and finish is second to none. The thing is rock solid. I couldn't ask for anything better and at a lot less than most stripped lowers go for these days ($92 shipped) I couldn't ask for a better deal. This is my first ar and I was refered to psa my my lgs owner. I was skeptical at first because I had never heard of them but I'm so glad I got one. Top notch product.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #15

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I got 2 PSA uppers on Anderson lowers. They work as they should. Finish matches almost perfectly. The shipping on them was with in a month from ordering. That being said try ordering a spikes and see how long of a wait that will be. Just saying.

Old 12-05-2012, 03:45 PM   #16

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 62

I was a little skeptical about them as well, but I live in Sumter, SC and they're just an hour up the road from me. I went by their shop several weeks ago to get a lower parts kit for my first build and their shop was great. They had a ton of stuff from ammo to accessories, their customer service was excellent and they had the best selection of firearms I've seen in the area. I went to their warehouse/storefront. I haven't been to their other two retail locations, but I wouldn't expect any different. The LPK I bought was fine and everything fit the lower perfectly, as I expected it would.

My parents ordered me one of their M4 StrikeFire Uppers for Christmas (got the Black Friday Deal). I'm sure it'll be a few more weeks before I see anything of it because from what I hear they were slammed after Thanksgiving, but I'm looking forward to receiving the item. I'll try and remember to report back here when I can.

For what its worth, a friend of mine at the club I'm a member of shoots with PSA stuff all the time and he's extremely pleased with everything he's ordered so far.

I'll keep you guys posted when my upper comes in and I have a chance to install it.

Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Old 12-05-2012, 04:14 PM   #17

Liked 56 Times on 45 Posts

I bought an upper in 300 blackout that had several custom options. The stock version showed in stock. I had it at my door in less than two weeks and it runs great.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #18

My PSA 14.5" build has gone bang all 600+ times with Wolf WPA, xm193, and PMC 223. No problems. I think I actually like it better than my Daniel Defense build....maybe. But it did cost me half as much, not exaggerating.

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died, rather we should thank God that such men lived." Gen. George S. Patton

Old 12-05-2012, 05:26 PM   #19
fmj

Liked 753 Times on 437 Posts
Likes Given: 306

as to the wait times...you may want to try here.

Just saying this is where mine came from...mine is the 16" chrome line they have on order.

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Palmetto_State_Armory_AR15_M4_ORC_16_Chrome_Lined_ p/gun-psam4-clf.htm

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 12-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #20

Liked 41 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 62

I emailed PSA today about my order to see if they would be willing to let me do an in-store pickup to eliminate the shipping time. I live over in Sumter, SC which is only about 45 minutes from their Warehouse/Retail store in Columbia, SC. For some reason though, items coming from Columbia via UPS Ground can take up to 5 days to get over here to Sumter.

I got an auto reply from them asking me to give them up to 2 business days to respond to my inquiry. I tried to get them on the horn before and their lines were busy. Once I got through, I got an automated greeting offering to transfer me and then received a message stating they were busy and that I should try and call back later or email them.

Apparently they're slammed. I'm in no rush for the Upper I ordered, but I had it shipped to my work and I don't know when I'll be here through the holidays (we're closed 21 DEC to 2 JAN) and it requires a signature. I'd rather just go pick it up in case it's ready before the new year. I'm not sure my boss would be too keen on me coming and hanging around the office waiting on the UPS man.

I'll keep on this thread and let you guys know how it progresses and how I make out with the new upper when I do get it.

Three old hunters were walking through the woods one day. The first looks over at the others and says, "Windy isn't it?" The second says, "I was sure it was Thursday." The third says, "Me too! The heck with hunting, let's go get a beer!"

Last edited by heymatthew; 12-06-2012 at 02:03 AM.
Quentin Likes This