Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Are p.s.a ar15s rifles good? Does anybody have a palmetto state armory ar rifle?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 12:36 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 81 Times on 64 Posts

Default Are p.s.a ar15s rifles good? Does anybody have a palmetto state armory ar rifle?

I hear alot of people like palmetto state armor's ar15!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-05-2012, 12:37 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 209 Times on 181 Posts
Likes Given: 63

I don't own but one thing for sure their lead time is terrible. Some said well worth of waiting.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:44 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1126 Times on 734 Posts
Likes Given: 649

i hear the same... wait time can be up to a month. but the quality is great, as is the price!

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:58 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hq357 View Post
I hear alot of people like palmetto state armor's ar15!
I own a PSA ar15 carbine. Great rifle in my opinion. It sits next to my Colt and Rock River.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:11 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 701 Times on 457 Posts
Likes Given: 1925

I have one, great rifle... BUT, their lead times ARE terrible and they can't send you the right stuff apparently.

I placed an order on Oct 14th, recieved on Nov 16th sans my trigger guard. Emailed them about it twice, finally got my envelope and it was full of magpul stickers, no trigger guard. I'm pretty well fed up with their incompetence at this point, yeah its a $9 part but its the principal of it.

It shouldn't be a chore to get something that you order, I am very satisfied with their product, but their service keeps me from recommending them.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Member - NRA, NAGR

Last edited by sputnik1988; 12-05-2012 at 01:21 AM.

Old 12-05-2012, 02:42 AM   #6

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

I have several of their rifles and they have been great , no issues with any of them, The wait times arent great but at least they have stuff in stock . Alot of places are out of stock and not even taking orders until they get caught up . PSA just keeps cranking stuff out . I have only had one issue with a order and I had my parts in 3 days after a quick email . 6300+ rounds thru one rifle without one single failure . Thats good enough for me to say its the first gun thats going with me in a SHTF situation . Part of the reason it takes them as long as it does is they are built to order they dont just stock uppers on the shelves . I would order from them again without any worries . This is a company that if they continue to keep going like they are and continue with the great customer service I have had , they will be at the top with all the big names and Im more than sure their prices will follow

Old 12-05-2012, 02:58 AM   #7

Liked 257 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Wait times should be no surprise to anyone. Every company that's making a decent product is backed up. PSA makes good stuff. I have their lower on one of my rifles and it's worth the money.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:17 AM   #8

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

rant on (SCREW PSA) rant off. Good rifles crappy customer service IMO, YMMV.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:27 AM   #9

Liked 973 Times on 684 Posts
Likes Given: 974

I have barreled upper receivers from BCM, Daniel Defense and PSA. The first two have long been considered top tier along with Colt. Deservedly so.

Comparing the uppers I can find no fault with PSA. They do things right and belong right up there with the big boys. A heck of a deal these days and purehavoc likely is right that as the word gets out about PSA prices will go up.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 12-05-2012, 04:52 AM   #10

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

I thought about getting the PSA AR with the scope. It seems like a good deal. Just waiting on some more feedback from people who already own one. PSA seems like a great deal. But when I buy a gun I want quality. Because I plan to have my guns forever! So I dont mind spending the extra $300 on a Colt and Bushmaster thats proven great. However im looking in to PSAs. I really like both of their ARs. And if you have a few goodies you want on the AR they will put them on if you purchase from the store

Last edited by JeeperSC; 12-05-2012 at 04:57 AM.