Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Are p.s.a ar15s rifles good? Does anybody have a palmetto state armory ar rifle? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/p-s-ar15s-rifles-good-does-anybody-have-palmetto-state-armory-ar-rifle-77728/)

hq357 12-05-2012 12:36 AM

Are p.s.a ar15s rifles good? Does anybody have a palmetto state armory ar rifle?

I hear alot of people like palmetto state armor's ar15!

okdonk 12-05-2012 12:37 AM

I don't own but one thing for sure their lead time is terrible. Some said well worth of waiting.

jjfuller1 12-05-2012 12:44 AM

i hear the same... wait time can be up to a month. but the quality is great, as is the price!

hindle1225 12-05-2012 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hq357 (Post 1039197)
I hear alot of people like palmetto state armor's ar15!

I own a PSA ar15 carbine. Great rifle in my opinion. It sits next to my Colt and Rock River.

sputnik1988 12-05-2012 01:11 AM

I have one, great rifle... BUT, their lead times ARE terrible and they can't send you the right stuff apparently.

I placed an order on Oct 14th, recieved on Nov 16th sans my trigger guard. Emailed them about it twice, finally got my envelope and it was full of magpul stickers, no trigger guard. I'm pretty well fed up with their incompetence at this point, yeah its a $9 part but its the principal of it.

It shouldn't be a chore to get something that you order, I am very satisfied with their product, but their service keeps me from recommending them.

purehavoc 12-05-2012 02:42 AM

I have several of their rifles and they have been great , no issues with any of them, The wait times arent great but at least they have stuff in stock . Alot of places are out of stock and not even taking orders until they get caught up . PSA just keeps cranking stuff out . I have only had one issue with a order and I had my parts in 3 days after a quick email . 6300+ rounds thru one rifle without one single failure . Thats good enough for me to say its the first gun thats going with me in a SHTF situation . Part of the reason it takes them as long as it does is they are built to order they dont just stock uppers on the shelves . I would order from them again without any worries . This is a company that if they continue to keep going like they are and continue with the great customer service I have had , they will be at the top with all the big names and Im more than sure their prices will follow

hoovco 12-05-2012 02:58 AM

Wait times should be no surprise to anyone. Every company that's making a decent product is backed up. PSA makes good stuff. I have their lower on one of my rifles and it's worth the money.

silverado113 12-05-2012 04:17 AM

rant on (SCREW PSA) rant off. Good rifles crappy customer service IMO, YMMV.

Quentin 12-05-2012 04:27 AM

I have barreled upper receivers from BCM, Daniel Defense and PSA. The first two have long been considered top tier along with Colt. Deservedly so.

Comparing the uppers I can find no fault with PSA. They do things right and belong right up there with the big boys. A heck of a deal these days and purehavoc likely is right that as the word gets out about PSA prices will go up.

JeeperSC 12-05-2012 04:52 AM

I thought about getting the PSA AR with the scope. It seems like a good deal. Just waiting on some more feedback from people who already own one. PSA seems like a great deal. But when I buy a gun I want quality. Because I plan to have my guns forever! So I dont mind spending the extra $300 on a Colt and Bushmaster thats proven great. However im looking in to PSAs. I really like both of their ARs. And if you have a few goodies you want on the AR they will put them on if you purchase from the store