P o f ar-10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > P o f ar-10

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 01:50 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 311 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Default P o f ar-10

My brother is looking at a POF brand AR-10. I don't know too much about brands of AR type rifles and he wants to know if it is good to go.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-20-2012, 03:06 AM   #2

Well, I've read some reviews good as well as bad about this rifle.

Anybody here have experience with this rifle?

Old 12-20-2012, 06:20 AM   #3

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

No experience. But the big question is which magazine is it compatible with? You really want to go with the original ArmaLite AR-10/ArmaLite AR-10A/Knights SR-25/Magpul/DPMS style.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

fsted2a Likes This 
Old 12-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #4

Liked 221 Times on 174 Posts
Likes Given: 294

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
No experience. But the big question is which magazine is it compatible with? You really want to go with the original ArmaLite AR-10/ArmaLite AR-10A/Knights SR-25/Magpul/DPMS style.
Yeah; there are two types of magazines for this style: Armalite and DPMS. A rifle that will work with one won't work with the other.

"Democracy is two wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty is the well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

Quentin Likes This 
Old 12-20-2012, 01:22 PM   #5

Supposedly Magpul works well with it.

Here it is .

http://www.pof-usa.com/20-p308-black.html

Last edited by mrm14; 12-20-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #6

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1004

Well that's good it works with the old ArmaLite standard and Magpul. I should have mentioned there are two incompatible ArmaLite AR-10 magazines, the original AR-10/new AR-10A and the more common AR-10B based on the M14 magazine. The old magazine is becoming the industry standard. RRA has another magazine based on the FAL I think.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

fsted2a Likes This 
Old 01-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #7

And there will be some whiner who says "If it's not an Armalite, it's not an AR-10" or some such, sorta like the AR 15

Quentin Likes This 
Old 01-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #8

Well it's a piston gasser and it's chambered in .243 Win. So that will really get the gas impingement/7.62 guys flustered.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrm14 View Post
Well it's a piston gasser and it's chambered in .243 Win. So that will really get the gas impingement/7.62 guys flustered.
We figured piston with the "POF" in the title of the thread. I'd like to be able to own a POF just to see if they live up to the hype. Oh yeah, with their nickel/whatever coating, (at one time it was silicone nickel, then teflon nickel-don't know what it is today) that will open up another can of worms with the purist crowd.

Old 01-09-2013, 08:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsted2a View Post
We figured piston with the "POF" in the title of the thread. I'd like to be able to own a POF just to see if they live up to the hype. Oh yeah, with their nickel/whatever coating, (at one time it was silicone nickel, then teflon nickel-don't know what it is today) that will open up another can of worms with the purist crowd.
The guy that had it shot fourty or so rounds through it before he had so sell this one due to his divorce. I know the gentelman and he sold off near all his rifles that couldn't make it out to and past 1000 yards effectively. He had this rifle out to 1200 yards and it performed pretty good as far as a semi auto goes. I think all he owns now is very spendy custom built bolt action rifles as he competes in long range practical precision and TBRC matches for the $$$. He got me into this spendy bolt gun long range stuff a few years ago. Kind of going the same way he has gone in that I've been getting rid of most my rifles that can't shoot less that 1/4" MOA. Pretty much all I have now is trap and skeet guns and spendy custom built bolt action target rifles.

He won't be able to compete in NRA F/TR class as the rifle is chambered in .243 Win., not the required .223 or .30 cal. But, he may compete in some class of service rifle open comp. match.