Orphaned AR
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion >

Orphaned AR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011, 12:30 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Orphaned AR

I just bought a Sabre Defense XR15 piston carbine (lightly used), and did not get an operators manual. Does anyone know where I can lay hands on one?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-03-2011, 12:36 AM   #2

Liked 1314 Times on 742 Posts
Likes Given: 573

Call or send them an e-mail. Most manufacturers are willing to send you a replacement manual. You may can find something on their website.

Old 04-03-2011, 12:59 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1191 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 1228

Like you say it's orphaned now so unlikely to find a factory printed manual. I'd google for "Sabre Defence manual", in fact I tried it and saw a hit for a PDF but didn't actually go to the website.

If no luck, just get a manual for another brand, shouldn't be much difference.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 04-03-2011, 03:24 PM   #4

Default Orphaned Rifle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
Like you say it's orphaned now so unlikely to find a factory printed manual. I'd google for "Sabre Defence manual", in fact I tried it and saw a hit for a PDF but didn't actually go to the website.

If no luck, just get a manual for another brand, shouldn't be much difference.
Thanks. I tried to get a manual directly from the manufacturer the day I bought it. That was how I discovered Sabre Defense had gone into bankruptcy and their e-mail addresses were dead. I did find the PDF for a Sabre XR15 online, but unfortunately it was for the older gas impingement system and mine is one of their new piston models. I can handle the old operating system (29 years Army ) but am unfamiliar how to go about the care and feeding of the piston systems. That particular piece seems to vary from manufacturer to manufacturer to a certain degree.

Old 04-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #5

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by med1pilot View Post
Thanks. I tried to get a manual directly from the manufacturer the day I bought it. That was how I discovered Sabre Defense had gone into bankruptcy and their e-mail addresses were dead. I did find the PDF for a Sabre XR15 online, but unfortunately it was for the older gas impingement system and mine is one of their new piston models. I can handle the old operating system (29 years Army ) but am unfamiliar how to go about the care and feeding of the piston systems. That particular piece seems to vary from manufacturer to manufacturer to a certain degree.
What Sabre did was far from bankruptcy. They probably wish that ws all that happened, lol. They were raided.

Old 04-03-2011, 04:37 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Pretty much any AR-15 manual will work and most big manufactures have the manual available for download as a pdf.

Endowment Lifetime NRA Member, Certified CCW/Pistol instructor.

"To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them". Richard Henry Lee 1788

Old 04-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1191 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 1228

med1pilot, sorry I forgot your Sabre was a piston version so the right manual is important. I'd start googling/researching which piston system they went with as there's a good chance a small company like them licensed someone else's design. And reading about the various piston designs should help you maintain your AR. Each does some things differently but the overall idea is the same so hopefully you'll have no trouble figuring it out.

Also I've heard there are buyers interested in Sabre Defence since they do have/had military contracts. One deal recently fell through but if someone picks them up no doubt there would be some kind of customer support for existing guns.
US Army 1966-69, VFW Life Member, Retired Geek

Old 04-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #8

Liked 8 Times on 5 Posts

Just keep poking around and you'll find something that'll help you. Especially if its been issued to LE, there's gonna be some literature on it. Hopefully you got a great deal on it (buying a rifle in the blind like that) and it'll pay off.

I've bought guns with out knowing exactly how to treat them initially and learned later. It's not like yours is the only one ever produced. Good Luck!

Old 04-03-2011, 06:30 PM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Is the Sabre piston system proprietary?

Old 04-03-2011, 07:28 PM   #10

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You could always try arfcom (AR15.com). If you can stand it, I'm sure someone there could help you out.

Newest Threads