Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Ordered my new/1st Ar today

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2010, 05:24 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Ordered my new/1st Ar today

First off I want to thank everyone for answering my questions, as I know I'll have more, But anyways I already have a DPMS lower, that I bought last week, so today I ordered the rest from Del-ton, Its a flat top upper with a
16" heavy barrel, M4 adjustable stock, plain jane handguards, and a 3-prong muzzle break. Nothing special but good enough for my 1st Ar. Cant wait to get it, they said 2-3 weeks. I know it will end up bein a money pit, but theres worse things to spend money on. Thanks again

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-03-2010, 05:28 PM   #2
bkt

Liked 1302 Times on 661 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolly4503 View Post
First off I want to thank everyone for answering my questions, as I know I'll have more, But anyways I already have a DPMS lower, that I bought last week, so today I ordered the rest from Del-ton, Its a flat top upper with a
16" heavy barrel, M4 adjustable stock, plain jane handguards, and a 3-prong muzzle break. Nothing special but good enough for my 1st Ar. Cant wait to get it, they said 2-3 weeks. I know it will end up bein a money pit, but theres worse things to spend money on. Thanks again
Congrats! And let's get a range report after you take it out.

Old 03-03-2010, 05:36 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

congratulations, Tolly, and welcome to the SUR club. Don't worry about it being a plain jane model, it won't stay that way for long As soon as you put a few rounds through it, you'll be looking through all the sites, magazines, forums, etc, looking to make it YOUR's. and that's part of the fun.

Best part is....as soon as you think you have it all dialed in, just the way you like it....there will be another model that is calling your name, beckoning to come home with you. and before you know it....it magically appears in the gun safe, and you are at a loss for words, explaining to the wife...."but honey, I don't know how that happened" And then she'll get a new coat/purse/shoes/etc. whatever it takes to make her happy and forget about it, and the whole thing will start all over again

At least that's how my second or third went. The first one, she actually bought for me. The second one, well...that happened cuz the first one got lonely. Actually...it happened because she said the first one was a little too heavy for her to shoot. So I HAD to get one that she could be comfortable with. Afterall, it's all about keeping the little lady happy, too...right?

Congrats again, and let us know how you like it.

Slo

Old 03-03-2010, 06:44 PM   #4

Liked 47 Times on 28 Posts

Boy, you're gonna have fun with the black rifle!

Old 03-03-2010, 07:14 PM   #5

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolly4503 View Post
I ordered my first at the height of the frenzy.

Took seven months.

Congratulations.

"I think Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we could identify their corporate sponsors."

Old 03-03-2010, 08:44 PM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Traded off a Ruger Red Label for my first and have not regretted it one bit. I'm waiting on a kit in 6.8 from J&T for a build I'm doing and I'm damned glad to hear you have joined the ranks.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.