optics ? cleaning? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > optics ? cleaning?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 04:41 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yes c3shooter, that is the bruches I was trying to describe that I saw on ebay. From the breech OK. Now the part that I'm a little confused about is that the smaller bristols in front would go into the barrel, and it appears you'd have to reverse direction of brush while its in the barrel and chamber. I'm not saying that a bad thing, I really dont know? Any kind of hints or dos or don'ts w/ that type of brush would help me. Well Sniper03, thanks. I actually broke down and bought a rra two stage trigger. I ended up getting a chromed one from PK, because they were selling them for about the same price as a non chromed one was going for on gunbroker at the time. I also figured if or when the prices come back down to earth, I'd buy a chrome bcg, and it might look good together. I'm glad you brought up the subject about pins. Because the pins that came w/ my trigger were chromed also. I thought those chromed pins would look funny on my black receiver. Also the pind sisn't want to puch in freely through receiver holes. I was unable to push them through the trigger also. I mic'd them and the pins from my DPMS kit were .002 smaller. So I decided to use them for the time being. Well those pind didn't want to slide through the trigger either. After really examing the trigger pivot bore, or whatever it's called, it appeared as some chrome get gobbed up in the bore of triggers pivot. It was worse at one end than the other. I was also dissapointed buy the finish. I'd feel plenty safe saying this trigger never saw a reamer. The spirally marks or grooves looked as bad as when I drill a hole through steel w/ a bit that hasn't been sharpened properly, and is cutting w/ one flute. I'm not exagerating. I put a 3/16 bit I think it was in a chuck, and ran it through there by hand. I had some cheap round finishing stone that diemakers use, and worked it in the end that gave me the most problem. I wanted to just send the trigger back, but by this point, I'd about had it w/ fed ex, post offices, gun dealers, and everything else above. Anyway, I got the trigger pivoting freely on the dpms pin. The dpms pin doesn't fit tight in the receiver, however it's not rotating at the moment. Even the bore on the dpms trigger is baby a** smooth. I'd say they honed it after being reamed. I just figured, well quality usually goes down and quantity goes up in about any type of manufacturing when theres this kind of demand weve been seeing for this stuff. I just had to pick the worst time to build a gun. I didn't try to force the chromed pins into my receiver, and don't intend to. I was thinking if the dpms pins weren't hardened, a light knurling at each end would make them seat nicely. But now I'm going to look into these pins your talking about. Wow, treehugger49, I'm getting a rude awakening here. I thought my 5.56 855 was going to be the most accurate stuff I had. I'm glad you mentioned this, because I would have been out there blaming the gun. Does the 5.56 just shoot farther then? Well what I have is alot of herters steel ammo in 223. And a fair amount of federal american eagle in 223. I don't see myself buying any other ammo at this time. I was talking to some guy I don't even know in a gun store while waiting in line. He was telling me that herters is more accurate than american eagle out of his mini 14. I really questioned him on that. But he swore to it, saying that he thought federal was taking retardent out of the powder in the american eagle because he was seeing fire come out end of his barrel on his mini14 when shooting american eagle.