Opinions on who makes the best AR-15. - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Opinions on who makes the best AR-15.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 10:39 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rarity
Well, usually people tend to go by tier. I on the other hand would just go with a Colt or Bushmaster, mainly a Colt 14.5 for me . You can also take the Stag or Rock River arms into consideration.

All of the above have either a military or police contract. It also depends on what you will be using the rifle for.
I would stay with Colt or Rock River.I prefer Rock river. You get more gun for the money with Rock
River. I have friends in swat who used a Colt and had more jams with a Colt than they did with Rock River, just a little inside info.

Old 01-08-2013, 11:36 PM   #22
X-5

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by running_fool View Post
I would stay with Colt or Rock River.I prefer Rock river. You get more gun for the money with Rock
River. I have friends in swat who used a Colt and had more jams with a Colt than they did with Rock River, just a little inside info.

What exactly do you get more of with a Rock than a Colt?

Old 01-09-2013, 12:22 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

LOL, these threads are like pissing contests that never end. The best AR is the one you can afford to buy and shoot on your income. What good does it do you to spend $1500 on a rifle and not be able to afford ammo? I'd think one would rather spend $1000 on the rifle and get 500 rounds to use it with. If money is no object, have one custom built the way you want it. It's kinda like asking, who makes the best car? Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Jeep, Ferarri and so forth. They all in the end achieve the same goal, some just look purtier (that's intentionally misspelled) and cost more to repair.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:35 AM   #24
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21919 Times on 12384 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
LOL, these threads are like pissing contests that never end. The best AR is the one you can afford to buy and shoot on your income. What good does it do you to spend $1500 on a rifle and not be able to afford ammo? I'd think one would rather spend $1000 on the rifle and get 500 rounds to use it with. If money is no object, have one custom built the way you want it. It's kinda like asking, who makes the best car? Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Jeep, Ferarri and so forth. They all in the end achieve the same goal, some just look purtier (that's intentionally misspelled) and cost more to repair.
GP, very well said. but i will add my thoughts and they have nothing to do with any particular brand of AR. also choose an AR that fits your intended usage as well, whatever brand you pick. some brands may offer more variations in choices of styles for different uses. but also that's the simple beauty of the AR platform as you can option it or accessorize it to suit your individual needs or tastes.
Old 01-09-2013, 12:43 AM   #25

Liked 755 Times on 589 Posts

since the best gun is determined by which one lasts the longest and has the least wear over time....id venture to bet 99% of all of you will never know until about 25 years from now after shooting it maybe 100 rounds a year on the average. and im being generous when i say 100 rounds. people are buying these guns just to say they got one and probably dont even shoot them. so its safe to say, all of them are good guns.

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

canebrake Likes This 
Old 01-09-2013, 12:52 AM   #26
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
since the best gun is determined by which one lasts the longest and has the least wear over time....id venture to bet 99% of all of you will never know until about 25 years from now after shooting it maybe 100 rounds a year on the average. and im being generous when i say 100 rounds. people are buying these guns just to say they got one and probably dont even shoot them. so its safe to say, all of them are good guns.
LOL, I've never bought a safe queen. The day I got my AR I put 300 rounds through it. Within a month it was over 1000. Then I remembered I was unemployed and ammo is expensive.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:54 AM   #27
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 405 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski
One hundred rounds a year? That's a warm up on one gun at the range in one day.

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

Old 01-09-2013, 12:56 AM   #28
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 405 Times on 240 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton
And we all know Ford makes the best cars, that's why we don't have those discussions

My pistols, however, I always kept by me.
Jesse James

towboater Likes This 
Old 01-09-2013, 04:41 AM   #29

Liked 1037 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1034

Quote:
Originally Posted by running_fool View Post
Why do I get the feeling this inside info comes from guys who ride the short bus!

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-09-2013, 07:09 AM   #30
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1176 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 502

The "best" AR-15 out there, hands down every single time, is the one you can afford to buy, shoot, purchase replacement parts for, and purchase accessories for.

The "best" AK-47 out there, hands down every single time, is the one you can afford to buy, shoot, purchase replacement parts for, and purchase accessories for.

The "best" bolt-action rifle out there, hands down every single time, is the one you can afford to buy, shoot, purchase replacement parts for, and purchase accessories for.

The "best" pistol out there, hands down every single time, is the one you can afford to buy, shoot, purchase replacement parts for, and purchase accessories for.

The "best" revolver out there, hands down every single time, is the one you can afford to buy, shoot, purchase replacement parts for, and purchase accessories for.

The "best" muzzle loader out there, hands down every single time, is the one you can afford to buy, shoot, purchase replacement parts for, and purchase accessories for.

Oh, and if you don't like it then don't buy it.

I think we've about covered this topic for all categories and for all time.

If not, for future reference, the response is pretty much copy and paste.