Opinions/Experience with Spikes Tactical? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Opinions/Experience with Spikes Tactical?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Primary Arms sells Spikes rifles as well if I'm not mistaken.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #12

Liked 1131 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
My bang for buck pick would be a PSA chrome lined middy.
Only one problem they seem to be currently out of stock on all their complete PSA guns right now . Glad I got mine when I did and got my lower and upper ordered .

Old 01-30-2012, 09:53 AM   #13

Likes Given: 18

hi guys I'm new on here and being from the UK i suppose is a bit rare. i have two spikes tactical rifles the mid length 5.56 and the st22 .22 semi auto spikes.
they are both fantastic guns and the quality is superb I can run any ammo through them with no fails or jams really pretty perfect. i would say get one bought

Old 01-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #14

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyshooter View Post
hi guys I'm new on here and being from the UK i suppose is a bit rare. i have two spikes tactical rifles the mid length 5.56 and the st22 .22 semi auto spikes.
they are both fantastic guns and the quality is superb I can run any ammo through them with no fails or jams really pretty perfect. i would say get one bought
I hear those ST22s are quite the .22LR rifle. To bad they stopped making them. I was wanting to give one a go.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-30-2012, 03:57 PM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Spikes is great. I have no complaints with mine. Great customer service great company overall.

Old 01-30-2012, 04:54 PM   #16

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

In my limited experience, Spike's overgasses their systems. I only owned 1, and handled a couple others. They ship them with ST buffers (which weight between H1 and H2 buffers), and work well with underpowered Russian ammo. All the ones I've played with, I've been able to put RRA 9mm Buffers into (heavier than a H3) and they cycled under powered Russian ammo without a hitch.. So yeah, Spike's overgasses their systems. This is good because they will cycle just about everything you feed them. But they will beat up your upper receiver parts and BCG and have more felt recoil.

Just the fact that they already ship with a heavy buffer should tell you something......

Old 01-31-2012, 09:12 AM   #17

Likes Given: 18

yeah it is an awesome piece of kit i do know quite a few guys over here with them and the later models have extraction issues, i think when the bolt quality dropped spikes dropped the st22 which is a shame they should have swapped for the CMMG bolt carrier in my opinion.
i think you can still buy the bits and a separate bolt form another supplier like CMMG tho!

Old 12-12-2012, 09:41 PM   #18

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Spikes Tactical or BCM all the way. I have a Spikes ST15 and love it!!! You will not be disappointed, I have the Carbine only because they had no midlengths, I like the carbine but prefer midlengths, get the Spikes!!!! Also they put a lot of work into the aesthetics and it shows, awesome company and customer service with top notch mil-spec AR's comparable to Colt and BCM

Old 12-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #19

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

I think he prolly got it like........almost a year ago >.<

Old 12-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #20

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki
I think he prolly got it like........almost a year ago >.<
I am sure he did, but I am new here and some other new member might be reading old threads cause hey, maybe he is looking for a spikes, or a stag, or colt, what have you. Better late then never I was always told, it may seem that my response it to the OP but its clearly not, never know when others are dealing with the same issue. I know I referred to a lot of "old" threads when I was buying my AR.

Thanks