Opinions/Experience with Spikes Tactical?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Opinions/Experience with Spikes Tactical?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2012, 03:52 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 29

Default Opinions/Experience with Spikes Tactical?

I am seriously considering purchasing a Spikes Tactical ST15 16" LE Carbine, Does anyone here own one of these rifles or anything from Spikes? If so, I was wondering what kind of quality they are, what their customer service reputation is and who has the best prices on them. This will be my first purchase of an AR type rifle and from everything I can find on these, they seem to be pretty well made. The particular rifle I'm looking at is available at the following link. ST-15 16 M4 LE Carbine [STR5025-M4S] - $849.95 : Spikes Tactical. Would this make a quality first purchase for the following uses? Plinking, target shooting possible home/self defense, zombie invasion etc?

God created man But Sam Colt made him equal.

When seconds count the police are only minutes away.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-12-2012, 04:26 AM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

SPikes is good. I had the same model but midlength which I would recomend over the carbine. Also look other places for it in stock. I've heard the wait can be quite long going through Spikes.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 01-12-2012, 04:44 AM   #3

Liked 109 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Spikes is good. Check this site...$769 plus free ship Spikes Tactical 5.56/.223 Rifle

"As an American, I was not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials"...Newt Gingrich

The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:55 AM   #4

I have a Spike's Tactical 16" LE and it's good. The parts they use are good and quality is good.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:32 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat View Post
SPikes is good. I had the same model but midlength which I would recomend over the carbine. Also look other places for it in stock. I've heard the wait can be quite long going through Spikes.
mjkeat,
Can you or anyone else tell me the difference in overall length, between the carbine and mid length version of this rifle? Also, what are the names of some of the internet dealers that usually have these rifles in stock? I have done some looking, but they seem to be few and far between. Sorry if I sound Stupid, but this will be my first AR type rifle and right now, I'm at the stage of comparing prices, trying to get the most bang for my buck!

Old 01-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #6

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

My bang for buck pick would be a PSA chrome lined middy.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:55 PM   #7

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper7342 View Post
mjkeat,
Can you or anyone else tell me the difference in overall length, between the carbine and mid length version of this rifle? Also, what are the names of some of the internet dealers that usually have these rifles in stock? I have done some looking, but they seem to be few and far between. Sorry if I sound Stupid, but this will be my first AR type rifle and right now, I'm at the stage of comparing prices, trying to get the most bang for my buck!
Overall length is the same with comparable barrel length. Middies have 2" long gas tubes and rails, and are a little heavier. Middies also sport longer sight radius (better) more rail to hold onto (better handling) and some say slightly better recoil impulse (highly dependant on how its made). Middies are imho better than carbines.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentTikki View Post
My bang for buck pick would be a PSA chrome lined middy.
Not to sound stupid, but what is a PSA?

Old 01-12-2012, 03:11 PM   #9

PSA = Palmetto State Armory. I have a spikes lower and I am very pleased with it.

Old 01-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #10

Liked 22 Times on 20 Posts

Palmetto State Armory. Spikes is good. My upper and Bcg is Spikes and they function perfectly. Got mine from www.joeboboutfitters.com