Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   AR-15 Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Opinions/Experience with Spikes Tactical? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/opinions-experience-spikes-tactical-55308/)

viper7342 01-12-2012 03:52 AM

Opinions/Experience with Spikes Tactical?
 
I am seriously considering purchasing a Spikes Tactical ST15 16" LE Carbine, Does anyone here own one of these rifles or anything from Spikes? If so, I was wondering what kind of quality they are, what their customer service reputation is and who has the best prices on them. This will be my first purchase of an AR type rifle and from everything I can find on these, they seem to be pretty well made. The particular rifle I'm looking at is available at the following link. ST-15 16 M4 LE Carbine [STR5025-M4S] - $849.95 : Spikes Tactical. Would this make a quality first purchase for the following uses? Plinking, target shooting possible home/self defense, zombie invasion etc?

mjkeat 01-12-2012 04:26 AM

SPikes is good. I had the same model but midlength which I would recomend over the carbine. Also look other places for it in stock. I've heard the wait can be quite long going through Spikes.

Car54 01-12-2012 04:44 AM

Spikes is good. Check this site...$769 plus free ship Spikes Tactical 5.56/.223 Rifle

ZekeLuvs1911 01-12-2012 05:55 AM

I have a Spike's Tactical 16" LE and it's good. The parts they use are good and quality is good.

viper7342 01-12-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjkeat (Post 674686)
SPikes is good. I had the same model but midlength which I would recomend over the carbine. Also look other places for it in stock. I've heard the wait can be quite long going through Spikes.

mjkeat,
Can you or anyone else tell me the difference in overall length, between the carbine and mid length version of this rifle? Also, what are the names of some of the internet dealers that usually have these rifles in stock? I have done some looking, but they seem to be few and far between. Sorry if I sound Stupid, but this will be my first AR type rifle and right now, I'm at the stage of comparing prices, trying to get the most bang for my buck!

AgentTikki 01-12-2012 02:50 PM

My bang for buck pick would be a PSA chrome lined middy.

AgentTikki 01-12-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by viper7342 (Post 674937)
mjkeat,
Can you or anyone else tell me the difference in overall length, between the carbine and mid length version of this rifle? Also, what are the names of some of the internet dealers that usually have these rifles in stock? I have done some looking, but they seem to be few and far between. Sorry if I sound Stupid, but this will be my first AR type rifle and right now, I'm at the stage of comparing prices, trying to get the most bang for my buck!

Overall length is the same with comparable barrel length. Middies have 2" long gas tubes and rails, and are a little heavier. Middies also sport longer sight radius (better) more rail to hold onto (better handling) and some say slightly better recoil impulse (highly dependant on how its made). Middies are imho better than carbines.

viper7342 01-12-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AgentTikki (Post 674955)
My bang for buck pick would be a PSA chrome lined middy.

Not to sound stupid, but what is a PSA?:confused:

drclaw5 01-12-2012 03:11 PM

PSA = Palmetto State Armory. I have a spikes lower and I am very pleased with it.

AndyRexia 01-12-2012 03:13 PM

Palmetto State Armory. Spikes is good. My upper and Bcg is Spikes and they function perfectly. Got mine from www.joeboboutfitters.com


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:45 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.