Opinions on American tactical ar
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Opinions on American tactical ar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2014, 06:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

Default Opinions on American tactical ar

On impulse I bought a American tactical ar for what I thought was a deal and I'm curious to hear what y'all have to say about them. I've only put 100 rounds threw it but had no problems.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-03-2014, 06:06 PM   #2
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 79 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 40

The only thing I know about them, is they Import. I've seen their Hybrid Lower, and while it does have Alloy in it to strengthen, it's still a Polymer material, which for a Lower won't necessarily make the Gun bad, but you have weak spots at the Take Down Pin Holes which is what keeps the Upper/Lower together.
You got a good short term Range/Hunting Rifle to get you started in the AR Membership. At this point I can't judge if bad or good.

I would operate it and learn about the parts and how they work. This way you will learn more about how to judge better quality parts against mediocre parts. Not all AR Assembler's are a AR Manufacturer---there's a difference. You'll find that some parts will be OK and up to standards and why. Then you'll learn about what doesn't pass those Standards and why.

This way you learn about how you want to procede. Either Sell and start over, or learn to Swap Parts/Assemblies to make a better Rifle, or to Build your own Rifle with Components that are Hand Selected for a Rifle that you can call your own.