olympic arms. yes or no?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > olympic arms. yes or no?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2011, 01:56 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 55 Times on 31 Posts

Default olympic arms. yes or no?

I wanted to see what everyone on the forum thinks of olympic arms AR15's. Would you buy one? Is it worth buying one and upgrading it. How good are they compared to other brands. Have at it.

Have Gun....Will Travel

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-13-2011, 03:51 AM   #2

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I believe they are probably the #2 worst AR made. Not only that but they pretend they are worth the prices they charge. When I spoke w/ one of their reps he did nothing but dance around.

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-13-2011, 03:58 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat
I believe they are probably the #2 worst AR made. Not only that but they pretend they are worth the prices they charge. When I spoke w/ one of their reps he did nothing but dance around.
I have seen there Ar's for $550-$650 new for the basic ar.

Have Gun....Will Travel

Old 12-13-2011, 04:04 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon1992d View Post
I have seen there Ar's for $550-$650 new for the basic ar.
You can get a mil-spec AR from PSA for that or less.

Oly has quite the negative reputation throughout the AR community. Well, except at the gun stores who happen to sell them. I don't have much trust in those guys. I've seen some that didn't even know what Federal XM193 was. They thought it was bi-metal Russian stuff

“The bitterness of poor quality Lingers long after The sweetness of low price is forgotten.”
-John Ruskin

Quote:
"The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together."

Old 12-13-2011, 04:12 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkeat

You can get a mil-spec AR from PSA for that or less.

Oly has quite the negative reputation throughout the AR community. Well, except at the gun stores who happen to sell them. I don't have much trust in those guys. I've seen some that didn't even know what Federal XM193 was. They thought it was bi-metal Russian stuff
I feel like i should lie and say i didnt buy an oly arms ar for $600 haha i dont realy regret it cause im 19 its my first ar. And knowing its not top notch i can somewhat expiriment and beat it up without worrying much. I was so excited the day i got it and the gun store only sold oly arms ar's and wen i got home and went threw the manuel i niticed it dosent show me how to brake the gun down and take it apart haha oh well life lesson learned.

Have Gun....Will Travel

Old 12-13-2011, 04:24 AM   #6

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
I feel like i should lie and say i didnt buy an oly arms ar for $600 haha i dont realy regret it cause im 19 its my first ar. And knowing its not top notch i can somewhat expiriment and beat it up without worrying much. I was so excited the day i got it and the gun store only sold oly arms ar's and wen i got home and went threw the manuel i niticed it dosent show me how to brake the gun down and take it apart haha oh well life lesson learned.
Don't let age discourage you from making good decisions.

It's always better to ask for advise instead of validation.

My first AR was a LWRC which is a great rifle but looking back I would have done it differently. Live and learn

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 12-13-2011, 04:27 AM   #7

Liked 210 Times on 150 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Hey, look at it as a learning experience, if something breaks, learn to fix it, if something doesn't strike your fancy, or perform how you want(say the trigger) change it out

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 12-13-2011, 04:35 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17
Hey, look at it as a learning experience, if something breaks, learn to fix it, if something doesn't strike your fancy, or perform how you want(say the trigger) change it out
Exactly! what do you guys think a good reasonably priced brand is $750 max price

Have Gun....Will Travel

Old 12-13-2011, 05:29 AM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Exactly! what do you guys think a good reasonably priced brand is $750 max price
What's the best AR value for $750?

Spikes, PSA, lightly used BCM. Don't be scared to Get a quality upper and then assemble a complete lower using one of PSAs $70 lower receivers.

-John Ruskin

Quote:

Old 12-13-2011, 05:32 AM   #10

Liked 335 Times on 264 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Psa rocks for the money, they're a great value. You should also lookt at Spikes and Smith & Wesson.