Olympic Arms Ar-15
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Olympic Arms Ar-15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2010, 01:18 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Olympic Arms Ar-15

I bought this AR-15 from a private party for a good price it has a 16 inch barrel is pretty accurate and 223 cal. ammo feeds no problem already fired a coulple 30 round mags and they fed real smooth then by accident I found that the safety selector goes one notch farther and then it goes full auto I was shall we say a bit suprised about this so I took it apart and put it away then I ordered a new set of lower springs and sears and safety lever .if this doesnt work I think I might need to destroy the lower end and get a new lower end and start all over again... anyone else run into a problem like this ???

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-06-2010, 01:57 AM   #2

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

First thing I would do is take it to a gunsmith and get it checked out. If it is malfunctioning get it fixed. If it is not malfunctioning change out the parts and place in a bag with a brick and throw them in a river or lake.

You do not want to get caught with a unregistered Class III firearm I can tell you that much. I also would not ever sell to some IDIOT on the internet.

Old 06-06-2010, 03:59 AM   #3

Quote:
First thing I would do is take it to a gunsmith and get it checked out. If it is malfunctioning get it fixed. If it is not malfunctioning change out the parts and place in a bag with a brick and throw them in a river or lake.

You do not want to get caught with a unregistered Class III firearm I can tell you that much. I also would not ever sell to some IDIOT on the internet.
Cpt,

Doesn't the lower have to be machined for the 'special' parts to be able to function?

Zes,

Listen to the Cpt. Get a NEW lower, build or buy, but disassemble, vaporize, or beam up the one you have.

Old 06-06-2010, 05:33 AM   #4

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeddes View Post
Cpt,

Doesn't the lower have to be machined for the 'special' parts to be able to function?
The subtles between a basic "AR" and an "M16" lower are quite small really. Yes, there are some "extra" machine steps that are needed, but there are, well, pretty basic.

Zes - If what you say is true, you need to get the unit checked out by a professional. If you have an illegally modified AR lower - you are looking at quite a stay at Club Fed just for the possession of said lower.

JD

Old 06-06-2010, 06:50 PM   #5

this thread scared me to read/ I'd dump or torch cut the lower receiver ASAP

why bother even disassembling it?

(especially now a days when lower parts kits and receivers aren't selling for CRAZY prices anymore)

Old 06-07-2010, 01:14 AM   #6

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Remove and replace the LPK. No need to trash a good lower. Sounds like someone has the 3 postion LPK and FA bolt installed. Also not something to go posting about the webz.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 06-07-2010, 02:35 AM   #7

Quote:
If you have an illegally modified AR lower
So a machined FA lower requires paperwork where a SA does not?

This was what I believed to be true, but the Title II is kind of foreign to me.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:39 AM   #8

Liked 127 Times on 96 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeddes View Post
So a machined FA lower requires paperwork where a SA does not?

This was what I believed to be true, but the Title II is kind of foreign to me.
TO legally posess, the FA lower would have to be pre 86 and NFA registered.

You only have to fill out a 4473 on a normal lower.

I could make a list of a bunch of guns i have, or "have", or wish I had. Why would one feel compelled to provide that infornation freely? Do you feel the need to show off? Is it some immature game of oneupsmanship?

Why do you feel it necessary to list your guns?

Old 06-07-2010, 07:00 PM   #9

I have taken the lower unit apart and tossed everything that was inside the lower unit When I can save up enough I will take it into a smithy I know and see if he can salvage the lower unit if not he can bust it up and I will put the upper section up for sale and go back to my old stand by a SKS that hasnt failed me yet we have been thru some rough times out in the mountains and we can do it again not as light as the Black rifle but still works when I need it thanks for the info.......