Oly Arms Chamber issue?????

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Oly Arms Chamber issue?????

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Default Oly Arms Chamber issue?????

So, over in the reloading section I posted about a cracked sizing die for .243 wssm, that is for my Oly Arms AR.

Redding called me, said the cases I sent them with the cracked die were .007 over SAAMI specs at the rear of the case and they are worried about case head separation, blah blah.. but they polished a new sizing die to my brass specs, and sent it to me, with the understanding there is no warranty. Which is fine.

NOW, What I want to know from you AR guys, is this. Is this a huge issue? Is this a known issue with AR's? Is it an Oly Arms issue? Is this a WSSM issue?

Gun may have 600 rounds through it, total. Never been shot with hopped up loads.... I bought it from a retired police officer that used it on coyotes, and none of his load data is even close to max stuff.

It shoots great.. groups very well with factory deer loads..

Any help/advice would be appreciated

A true Gentleman always provides covering fire while his lady is reloading. It is only proper.

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-17-2012, 05:48 AM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

No one has a thought on this???

A true Gentleman always provides covering fire while his lady is reloading. It is only proper.

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

Old 09-17-2012, 01:12 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5923 Times on 3093 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Take a measurement of the outside diameter of the case of a fired unsized round and compare to one that has been sized.

Contacting olympic is probably a good idea

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...