Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Offer/Thoughts for ar-15 Upper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2010, 08:28 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

sniper 03,

What did u mean by this: "And it is an A-2 Upper on top of it which locks you in pretty much as far as putting optics or a scope on it."

Just curious.

Old 12-26-2010, 08:50 PM   #12
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5452 Times on 2845 Posts
Likes Given: 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocvish View Post
sniper 03,

What did u mean by this: "And it is an A-2 Upper on top of it which locks you in pretty much as far as putting optics or a scope on it."

Just curious.
a2 upper denotes a fixed non-removable carrying handle. a lot of folks dont like mounting optics way up on the carrying handle so group think says optics dont work on carrying handles. while mounting closer to the barrel is better i dont think it really matters all that much at the effective ranges of the 223/556

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-26-2010, 08:59 PM   #13

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 457

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocvish View Post
The handle on the rifle in question is removable. Would it still be better to go a4? Only reason I'm asking if the price is good is because I hear colts are expensive to begin with.
A removable handle would make it an A3, that gives you a lot more options for optics...but I agree that the price seems high unless you have some really highend parts in there. What type of BSG, sights, foregrips, etc...a few pics would be helpful...

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington