Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion > AR-15 Discussion > Oberlandarms.de

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3858 Times on 2304 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Default Oberlandarms.de

I have been talking with this company about their black label rifles. Click rifles then black label. You will see a picture with four different size. Click on pic and cycle through all four sizes. I was looking at largest rifle with adjustable stock. Specs for all four is under main pic. Anybody know anything about this German company? What size most appeals to you. My LGS is still waiting on a reply from colt and S&W about their exporting their ARs. HK and Sig cost as much as three US ARs, so I have decided not to buy from them. Pro Tuning from Germany is another option, but they cost about 1700 dollars. I want my own first personal AR, but it is crazy over here! Tired of always shooting government owned ARs.

Oberlandarms.de or .com.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #2

Liked 924 Times on 651 Posts
Likes Given: 899

Actually I'd love to shoot gov't owned ARs but not likely an old fart like me will do that again! Are you US military and will be rotating back here in the future? And can wait till then? Or now living in Germany? Anyway, I don't have a good answer but hope you find an acceptable solution, J.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-09-2013, 03:23 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 841 Times on 486 Posts
Likes Given: 339

Jager,

Honestly, the HK guns are quality weapons even if they are crazy expensive. There seems to be a preference for chrome lined barrels here in the US, but properly maintaining the weapon prevents rust. I like the Colt AR's best (personal thing, there are lots of AR's that are qualitatively better than mil-spec), but S&W doesn't produce crap. Is the Pro Tuning AR pretty close to mil-spec or better than mil-spec. They probably don't have the TDP that Colt and FNH USA have, but making quality AR's can't be rocket science with the number of US and foreign companies doing it. If an AR has the features you want, go for it. Quality is quality. Colt has the little pony next to the serial number and that's about as far as it being "better" than most other AR designs goes.